Birthday Thoughts

Status
Not open for further replies.
#8353 here. :(

Going by userIDs, the first 5 "members" (some look like test accounts) actually joined on 09-06-2003. John Corn was one of them, still pretty active today (hi John from fellow buckeye).

TuxCoder said:
I was thinking earlier, it would be nice to see who the first 10 or 20 members were. ;)
I see you have tbenning beat, dfergie: 09-08-2003 :)

Here are the first 20:
Scott Greczkowski
Anonymous
John Corn
scottct1
James
angiodan
ride525
DRGingras
marko
mikew
aboz
Hawkdad
sksatellite
Tim Hanthorn
thescrub
Dishdude
n0qcu
METFAN757
n1wbd
Mike500

I was #293...

Neutron said:
We should do a top 10 posters list.

Currently...
Sean Mota 15,739
Scott Greczkowski 10,725
Iceberg 8,906
BFG 5,738
Stargazer 4,776
Neutron 4,424
Ilya 4,238
DarrellP 4,150
dfergie 4,056
SimpleSimon 4,026

dfergie said:
My user profile says 9-8-03.... I guess I bookmarked the night before... :)

you are number 68. run the cursor over your name and at the end it has a number (look at status bar in IE). the number is the order you signed up as.

i am 2257

Although I am a l member of few words I have been around since the first month also. I am not sure exactly what day but my info still says Sept 2003. I remember being happy to find someplace that actually helped instead of insulting. Happy Birthday SatelliteGuys. #2 of many to come

SatelliteGAL said:
Although I am a l member of few words I have been around since the first month also. I am not sure exactly what day but my info still says Sept 2003. I remember being happy to find someplace that actually helped instead of insulting. Happy Birthday SatelliteGuys. #2 of many to come

you are 209.

I joined soon after I heard about this site starting. I knew that there would be a lot of potention with this site and that it would be a hit. Congratulations and happy birthday.

Stargazer said:
I joined soon after I heard about this site starting. I knew that there would be a lot of potention with this site and that it would be a hit. Congratulations and happy birthday.
I too joined pretty quick because of the promise of a new site... and the problems elsewhere that caused its formation...

Scott Greczkowski said:
Today is the official Birthday. :) September 7th.
congratulations!

I know the hard work of an internet forum ... I'm the owner of Germany's biggest SAT-DX-forums ;) And in this case I also know the high costs of that ... traffic, domain etc. Today I'm my own hoster :D

Happy Birthday, SatelliteGuys!

Herzlichen Glueckwunsch, Satelliten-Jungs ;)

Just my litte story...

I was #86. I remember it was a sunday evening when I first found out that Satelliteguys existed. It was posted at the other site and satelliteguys.us had just started. I then became a PUB Member and it was great to have a place to come for Dish Network stuff. I was a very quiet member who heard of Scott from the other forum. My name at that time was motjes2 and so I registered here. Scott posted one day the launch conference of the Voom and I voluntered to go. It was here in NYC. I went to the conference and was very well treated by the people at VOOM. They gave me all sort of material which has been posted, lunch, and sent home by taxi paid by VOOM.

I do not think that without Scott enthusiasm for the site I would have gone to that conference. I found that this place over the 2 years has kept an open mind and has not grown to be "gods" which it is good. This site gives every member of sense of ownership. By this I mean that your voice is heard even if you just have one post. I am at the top list of posters but I do not take pride in that. I hope that the post can help or make a historical record of the information. By making a historical record, it means it is researchable and accessible to anyone by using the search function.

I have come to some confrontations with people (especially in the days of VOOM DBS) and I think we all learned from those confrontations for the good or bad. I have been scorned by the Dish Network Moderators for bashing Dish Network as well. What I am saying is that this is all part of the fun of being here at Satelliteguys for two years. It has been fun and when it is not then I will stop posting but so far, I am having a hell of a time!!!!! HAPPY BIRTHDAY ONCE AGAIN.

korsjs said:
where is the list?

There is no link to such a list on the site, but it is possible to get all kinds of information from the site by extracting it from the member list.
I use a program, that I recently sent to Scott, to extract some stats from 5 different forum sites.

For the top # of posters, you can see that with a simple query on the member database.

Top 20 Posters

korsjs, I considered you #13 since I don't count "SatelliteGuys Reporter" as a valid member.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts