Bit of myth buster about feeding 2 signals off 1 using DPP 44 and separator...

The 501, 508, and 721 are the only ones you don't pay the $5.00 DVR fee. Even if you have the 301 plugged into a phone line you will have to pay the $5.00 a month for a second IRD. With 522's going for about 150 - 200 on ebay just get that. You would pay the same amount as having a 508 and 301 on your account, as long as you have a phone line into the 522. With the 522 you would have DVR on both tuners. Then you could use your DP44 and a seperator and not have to run another line.

gixxer said:
So if a home is pre-wired with RG6 cables rating of 2150MHz then is that the best prewiring that a home can have for use with HD/SD satellite signals as well as with HD/SD digital cable signals from local cable company?

That is, is RG6 backward compatible with RG58 and RG59 commonly used for cable signals and cable modem service?

I'm no guru but I can say that RG6 rated @ 2150 mhz will be fine for your house wiring as that is the wire of choice for any DBS/Cable digital signal to pass. There is RG11 but it is overkill times 10 and baby the cost is high for whole house distribution.
RG58 and RG59 will not work for a digital signal to pass as they only pass up to usually around 1050 mhz tops and digital uses usually 1100 to 2150.

Dave nye said:
The 501, 508, and 721 are the only ones you don't pay the $5.00 DVR fee. Even if you have the 301 plugged into a phone line you will have to pay the $5.00 a month for a second IRD. With 522's going for about 150 - 200 on ebay just get that. You would pay the same amount as having a 508 and 301 on your account, as long as you have a phone line into the 522. With the 522 you would have DVR on both tuners. Then you could use your DP44 and a seperator and not have to run another line.

I have a 921,301 and a 322 and do not pay the DVR fee.

Like Simon, I am from the old school. I just run the necessary wires to the receiver and forget about these "new fangled" electronic devices. This makes all of the systems that I install to be ultra reliable and easy to troubleshoot.

While electronic devices controlled by microchips have a track record bf being ultra reliable, they are subject to heat surge or electrostatic damage and software glitch errors. I have heard reports of heat related problems with the DP+ twins. Hope it never reaches the level of the CSS9601 DishPro twins. We are still getting reports of them and are still replacing them.

Very little can happen to good quality rg6 with correctly applied high quality compression connectors like Snap-N-Seals.

If running extra cable, should i still replace my DP 34 with DPP 44 switch?

Mike500 said:
Like Simon, I am from the old school. I just run the necessary wires to the receiver and forget about these "new fangled" electronic devices. This makes all of the systems that I install to be ultra reliable and easy to troubleshoot.

So my setup is i have 3 cables from SuperDISH to DP 34 switch that feeds a single cable to 522. Since i don't have necessary tools and etc. to run a new cable from DP34 to 522, i went the cheap route and decided to replace DP 34 with DPP 44 to use existing cable to 522 and use DPP Separator to both tuner inputs. Yes, it's ad-hoc, but at the moment that's my plan A.

I will try to keep cable length from DPP Separator to the 522 dual inputs short and equal in length, and make sure the segments of RG6 cables i'll use from wall plate to DPP 44 power inserter to DPP Separator to 522 inputs are correctly frequency rated RG6 cable.

So done all that, should i expect the same or near same picture quality as running a separate cable from my existing DP 34 to the extra input of 522?

If running the extra cable is *really* better solution, and if i'll get relatively better picture quality then i'll do that. And if running new cable is better, is there any advantage of doing that using new DPP 44 or just use my existing DP 34?

It's digital - quality is NOT affected the same as analog.

If it's running right - that is, decent cable connections - you will NOT see ANY difference.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)