Bizarre HR20 picture issue

Status
Please reply by conversation.

landlocked

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Feb 9, 2006
Columbus, OH
Twice in the past several days, I've gone to fire up the HR20 and I have absolutely nothing but a white, sparkling screen a lot like analog snow on a OTA non-channel. I have audio -- but nothing but the "static" image.

A reboot of the unit seems to solve it, but I'm worried it's a sign that the video output module(s) is going to die soon...only after 2 weeks in service.

landlocked said:
Twice in the past several days, I've gone to fire up the HR20 and I have absolutely nothing but a white, sparkling screen a lot like analog snow on a OTA non-channel. I have audio -- but nothing but the "static" image.

A reboot of the unit seems to solve it, but I'm worried it's a sign that the video output module(s) is going to die soon...only after 2 weeks in service.

I have had the same issue - after only three days. I change the resolutions on the unit and everything is good. Weird occurence. I wonder what the deal is.

landlocked said:

Q. are you using a HDMI connection ?

There have been numerous reports of HDMI connection problems. Try using component cables. It's not the best solution, but it may be a temporary fix.

raoul5788 said:
There have been numerous reports of HDMI connection problems. Try using component cables. It's not the best solution, but it may be a temporary fix.
Personally , the component are just as good as the HDMI, only difference is you need to have Audio cables also with the Component.

Jimbo

actually if you just cycle through the resouloutions (pressing the RES button on the box) it fixes itself, should be fixed with a software update soon!@

Jimbos said:
Personally , the component are just as good as the HDMI, only difference is you need to have Audio cables also with the Component.

Jimbo

Theoretically, you will get a better picture with HDMI over component, but there is not much of a difference in most cases. As far as the audio goes, don't most of us use our receivers for the sound?

raoul5788 said:
Theoretically, you will get a better picture with HDMI over component, but there is not much of a difference in most cases. As far as the audio goes, don't most of us use our receivers for the sound?

Raoul,

I run the HDMI into a Sony 55" LCD then the optical out from the TV to my Onkyo receiver. The sound processing actually seems better than optical out from the HR-20 directly to the Onkyo.

Mtnmike said:
Raoul,

I run the HDMI into a Sony 55" LCD then the optical out from the TV to my Onkyo receiver. The sound processing actually seems better than optical out from the HR-20 directly to the Onkyo.

It's actually Chip, but that's okay. Normally you would go from the HR-20 to the Onkyo with the optical. Anyway, if it works, then fine.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts