Bizarre problems with my 942

Walter L.

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Mar 29, 2004
Portland, Oregon
I've been using my 942 (dual mode) for 2 months without a single problem until this week. For some strange reason, now all timers/scheduled events record the program twice, at the same time (TV1 & TV2). :eek: :shocked
I deleted one of the timers and although it appeared to be deleted from the list of timers, it is still recording twice. Added new timer and still the same effect (twice recording). :no
I've tried a reset and loading factory default settings but it didn't help. Questions:
1) Anybody else seen this problem?
2) Is it a known issue?
3) Any suggestions???

Walter, I haven't see this problem...yet, but my 942 locked up two or three times this past week when doing a Search. Also, I'm getting fed up to here (visualize the flat edge of my hand held up to my chin) with the the PG still showing "Digital Local" for all my OTA channels. Did software version L2.27 get pushed last night?

Walter L. said:
I've been using my 942 (dual mode) for 2 months without a single problem until this week. For some strange reason, now all timers/scheduled events record the program twice, at the same time (TV1 & TV2). :eek: :shocked
I deleted one of the timers and although it appeared to be deleted from the list of timers, it is still recording twice. Added new timer and still the same effect (twice recording). :no
I've tried a reset and loading factory default settings but it didn't help. Questions:
1) Anybody else seen this problem?
2) Is it a known issue?
3) Any suggestions???

The 942 is full of bugs, I am having the "Schedule is stuck and showing no future timers" problem. But I am also seeing the double recordings when I try the "check switch" to force a download of the new guide data and the schedule sometimes comes back. So i can verify that, besides my other problem, this problem exists in single mode as well.
RAA

My 942 has been squeaky clean...until you look under the rug. I recently purchased a Pannny ES10 DVR recorded only to discover all recordings, be they 4:3 or 16:9, were squished. I later discovered this was a known bug with the 942 while in Single User Mode. Hopefully, the problem will disappear when I switch to Dual User Mode, but I will no longer be able to the PIP functions. Will this and other problems be fixed with L2.27? We shall see.

riffjim4069 said:
My 942 has been squeaky clean...until you look under the rug. I recently purchased a Pannny ES10 DVR recorded only to discover all recordings, be they 4:3 or 16:9, were squished. I later discovered this was a known bug with the 942 while in Single User Mode. Hopefully, the problem will disappear when I switch to Dual User Mode, but I will no longer be able to the PIP functions. Will this and other problems be fixed with L2.27? We shall see.

There is a workaround for the "squish" problem as I just barely replied to in a similar thread here. Set the 942's picture (HD setup) to 4:3 # 2.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)