Black Mirror on Netflix

king3pj

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Lifetime Supporter
Jun 7, 2009
Michigan
I wasn't sure if this should go in the streaming forum or here since the show is on Netflix. It seems to fit more with the usual theme of discussion here though.

This show is kind of like The Twilight Zone but it's all based around technology. The name Black Mirror comes from what our various screens we constantly stare at look like when they are turned off.

Each episode tells a self contained story with a completely different set of actors in a completely different reality. It can sometimes be a bit hard to watch, especially the first episode, because it's always a story of technology gone wrong. I think they probably should have changed the episode order because the first episode is pretty dark. Once I made it to the second episode I knew this was something I would like.

This show airs on free broadcast TV in the UK and Netflix recently picked up the rights to air it in the US. It feels like an HBO quality show which is kind of depressing when you think about most of the stuff our broadcast networks air.

There are currently 2 seasons available on Netflix but only a total of 7 episodes. Each is about an hour long. I've seen the first 3 so far (the first season) and I'm totally hooked. Has anyone else been watching this?

I've been looking for something new to watch. Will check this out...thanks for posting.

Thanks! This is on my list to watch. I'm binge watching The Wire right now.

I've been looking for something new to watch. Will check this out...thanks for posting.

Me too. I feel like I've run through of some of the better shows on NF (until new seasons are posted). Last night I jumped into the first episode of the second season to see Hayley Atwell from Agent Carter (I heard she was in Black Mirror from an Agent Carter discussion in another forum). The storyline was quite similar to the movie "Her," but added an interesting wrinkle which I thought was handled well. Based on this episode, BM seems to be a quality show and I look forward to watching the other episodes now. I like that I can pick and choose the episodes in any order based on how the description appeals to me.

I just watched the second episode of Season 2. That was the standout episode of the series for me so far. Strangely the second episode of season 1 was my favorite up until that point. I only have one more episode to go and I gotta say I'm already wishing there was more.

Apparently a Christmas special staring Jon Hamm (Mad Men) aired about a month ago in the UK but Netflix doesn't have that episode yet.

I just watched the second episode of Season 2. That was the standout episode of the series for me so far. Strangely the second episode of season 1 was my favorite up until that point. I only have one more episode to go and I gotta say I'm already wishing there was more.

Apparently a Christmas special staring Jon Hamm (Mad Men) aired about a month ago in the UK but Netflix doesn't have that episode yet.

I just watched that episode last night (s.2, ep. 2) and I'm glad I remembered you saying how much you liked it because based on the description in the Netflix menus and how it started, I thought it was going to be pretty boring. I actually turned it off after the first few minutes and then went back to it after I couldn't get into a couple other movies I fired up on Netflix. At that point, the first hunter showed up and things got interesting really fast. The episode also had that real Twilight Zone twist at the end..

I just watched the first episode of the series last Saturday and I have to say I never would of thought that they would show a guy screwing a pig. But then again after watching "Deliverance" back in the 70's and seeing a mountain man ride old Ned Betty's backside, while he was squealing like a pig, at least prepared me for this show.:biggrin

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)