Black out

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

slaver

Original poster
Mar 26, 2008
I live in an area of WV where there is no cable I have Directv and got my so called "local" networks to sign waivers saying I was out of their coverage area thus directv gave me networks from NY. I subscribed to Mega March Madness and was blacked out for the 1st 2 WVU games the Duke game I got on NY CBS station. If i have no local affiliates how can they black out games?

I live in an area of WV where there is no cable I have Directv and got my so called "local" networks to sign waivers saying I was out of their coverage area thus directv gave me networks from NY. I subscribed to Mega March Madness and was blacked out for the 1st 2 WVU games the Duke game I got on NY CBS station. If i have no local affiliates how can they black out games?

Black outs are based on your zip code. I don't think the fact you have distant locals has anything to do with it.

But thats the rub my so called local affiliates that i cant receive shows them.

Well, although DirecTV does not yet retransmit your locals, it seems that affiliate WDTV-TV 5 (CBS) is within OTA reach and thus your zip code may be blacked out because THEY own the carriage rights in your market. OTA is the users responsibility and outside the realm of your DBS company for the most part; blackouts are enforced I believe regardless of whether DBS offers your locals or not. This is would be something mandated by the leagues/conferences and out of DirecTV or Dish's hands as by law they are obligated to comply.

Yes but wdtv signed the waiver allowing me to get distant local networks because they came and did a test at my expense with a 30 foot mast and determined i couldnt receive their signal

You may have a case then; BUT BO's are a funny, crazy, stupid game the ALL the leagues love to play.

Not sure who you can call other then attempting to plead your waiver case to DirecTV (not a CSR though).

Just FYI; if the test showed you to be right and can't get signal; then it should have been at their cost; NOT YOURS!

Obviously they couldnt receive the signal with their truck, thus they wouldnt have signed off on the waiver and they charged me 30.00

ok wont beat a dead horse once again people in rural areas get screwed, i know is based on zip code but you would think with gps now they could be more speceific

Obviously they couldnt receive the signal with their truck, thus they wouldnt have signed off on the waiver and they charged me 30.00

Oh I am agreeing with the signal part; just not the part where YOU should have paid; I am certain that the affiliate was to pick up the tab (aka LOSER PAYS)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)