Black screen on several channels on the western arc.

also can't get RED ZONE HD i get the sd but hd says "programming not authorized" BTW locals just came back on!!!!

When things like this happen I can't understand why the company doesn't put a recorded message on their phone, they have time to give you a lot of ads but can't give you information. Additionally they could post the info here and on their own website. Think how many calls or chats to technical support would be saved if they only did this!
Michael

When things like this happen I can't understand why the company doesn't put a recorded message on their phone, they have time to give you a lot of ads but can't give you information. Additionally they could post the info here and on their own website. Think how many calls or chats to technical support would be saved if they only did this!
Michael

Yep I agree,customers would appreciate an honest answer,instead of 4 minute calls only to get disconnected.With all the social media these days they could easily say we are experiencing technical difficulties,your programming will return shortly.

I wonder where the members of the Dish Social Media Team (D.I.R.T.) are? Why haven't they posted on the issue. Although as of now it seems most if not all channels have returned at least for me. But it still would be nice to know what went wrong, just call me "curious George"!
Michael

I don't think there are any DIRT members scheduled to be here on Sunday mornings.

At least, there were none an hour ago. Now there are 2 DIRT members on.

Last edited:
Well,they never commented on the last outage of the eastern arc.It may be some crazy dish policy.They didn't respond on their fb support page either.

It's not the time for solar interference, is it? A few weeks before the Autumnal Equinox, if I recall...

It's AFTER the autumnal equinox, in the northern hemisphere.

And it's not going to last more than a few minutes. Was never a consideration.

I lost locals in Cincinnati

Today, about 11AM, I could only get black on all local channels in Cincinnati.
So before calling for help I did what the CSRs all say to do and I powered off my VIP211 and that fixed the problem.:):)

It's AFTER the autumnal equinox, in the northern hemisphere.
Of course; my mental picture of the sun and the satellite(s) lining up wasn't right because I had the satellite in the ecliptic instead of the equatorial plane. So, strike one.

Then, as others pointed out, it affected both Arcs simultaneously, which points to a terrestrial source of the problem.

Sorry about confusing the issue.

i bet what caused this disruption of service on the Western Arcs was severe weather at the uplink center. it been happening a lot lately.

I wondered that also and I looked at some weather maps. I think the uplinks are in either Colorado or Arizona, I can't remember which, but although there was some rain in the area it was all green and not yellow or red. So there didn't seem to be any severe storms.
Michael

I wondered that also and I looked at some weather maps. I think the uplinks are in either Colorado or Arizona, I can't remember which, but although there was some rain in the area it was all green and not yellow or red. So there didn't seem to be any severe storms.
Michael
The major ones are in AZ and E WA.

Dishworld IPTV on roku also shows this outage from 10:05am to 11:45am eastern Sunday morning. The Dishworld service on roku allows 8 day replay, so you can go back and select any of the shows during that time and they cut off at 10:05am and just show a black screen until 11:45am, minus 2 minutes for the buffer adjustment so it was actually 10:03am to 11:43am. These channels that went black also include ebru TV which is not even uplinked on a dish satellite and most likely comes from 97 west. Weather would not explain this.

HD HBO channels dead until power on reset

I tried viewing the HBO HD channels during the free preview weekend and all were dead until I did a power on reset. That's the first time that has happened to me.

And this will not be the last time you reboot it. It is the universal fix for every ill your receiver may have. Always do it before you call because they will ask you to do it anyway. Dish (or any other manufacturer of software controlled devices) have bugs in their control software, rooting them out and fixing them is never a priority. The bottom line is if it's software controlled it will crash and require a reboot. The word quality should be stricken from the English language because it has become meaningless.
Michael

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)