"Black Screen"

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

jimmykce1

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Apr 5, 2004
Is anyone else still experiencing "black screen" randomly when watching television? I notice it happens when using either component or DVI cables. Hopefully this s going to fixed with the next software release.

There are two different problems here:

1. You may get a steady black screen after switching channels. Presssing ChUp and ChDn usually takes care of this. This is definitely a bug in the STB software.

2. You may get a temporary black screen while watching a channel. This seems to happen on select channels only. (I see this often on HBO). This is likely to be an uplink/transmission issue. I don't think this is a bug in the software, as it seems to be channel-specific.

The only time I've noticed a black screen is when I'm looking in the menu's and return to full screen for a program, by using the back button or the watch button or the enter button to change to a particular program channel from the menu and this only happens occasionally...

I am also getting this...along with snow. I get it more then not when I am changing channels, but I do at times get it when simply watching something already in progress. I am getting a new voom box, from my serial number they are telling me its a version 2 and they have a 3rd generation box now. Wed morning ill know more....

Also how are you guys watching voom, over component, dvi, or dvi to hdmi!?

I am watching DVI to HDMI....thats when I started noticing this problem..

ill keep you posted :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)