Blackberry Storm/Thunder

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

roachxp

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Feb 13, 2005
Massachusetts
So this is suppose to be the iphone killer from RIM and priced around the same price, anyone thinking about getting it?

I currently have the XV6700 from Verizon, and would like to get a phone that will work anywhere I go in the world and also work on any data network.

www.verizonwireless.com/storm
BlackBerry Storm
Leaked: Verizon is Talking up a Storm Each Week! | CrackBerry.com

Some feture leaked so far:
Talk Up A Storm - Reliable BlackBerry Features

o Productive customers will enjoy staying in touch and ahead of the game by getting their personal and work e-mail when not at their desks.
* Messaging
o BlackBerry's renowned messaging capabilities now incorporate a touch-screen that provides smooth, touch and click-through text input. This first-ever touch-screen BlackBerry has the largest and highest resolution screen, built to be the most accurate and most responsive screen of its time, allowing users to get accurate touch navigation and smooth precise text input.
* IM
o With the Storm, customers can access consumer friendly IM, Yahoo! Messenger, Windows Live Messenger and GoogleTalk, while still receiving access to the always popular BlackBerry Messenger.
* BroadbandAccess
o :hungry:Tethering Storm to a laptop is ideal for those who frequently travel and need to use a laptop to check e-mail, access corporate networks or download large files like presentations and reports. EV-DO Rev. A technology enables the highest speed wireless connection to BroadbandAccess, our business data service, which allows customers to wirelessly access their e-mail and calendars, the Internet and other information via a high-speed connection with the security of CDMA technology.

o BroadbandAccess offers average download speeds of 600 kilobits per
second (kbps) to 1.4 megabits per second and upload speeds of 500-800
kbps, which means customers can download a 1 Megabyte e-mail attachment
- the equivalent of a small PowerPoint® presentation or a large PDF
file - in about eight seconds and upload the same-sized file in less
than 13 seconds.
* The Network
o Our network currently supports 68.7 million customers and reaches more than 265 million Americans. A device is only as good as the network it runs on and we have the nation's most reliable wireless network, making the Storm a winner for all customers.

I never thought I would see the words "RIM" and "iPhone killer" in the same sentence.

I guess it depends on whether you consider the iPhone an "iPod with a phone" or a "phone with an iPod".

Since the bullet list you posted doesn't mention anything about multimedia playback, I don't see how they compete in the same market, much less it being an "iPhone Killer".

If it can provide the kind of reliability a Blackberry does, in an iPhone-like package, then indeed it will qualify as an iPhone competitior.

I am not switching carriers to get an iPhone, and will be in the market for a new one (have Verizon's 8800 'World Edition') in Feb.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)