Blacked Out on the NHL network

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Spatch

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jun 15, 2004
Northeast, PA
I don't understand? I am blacked out of tonights Flyers-Leafs game. Why? It is not being shown on Center Ice and my rsn in New York so it isn't available there.
The only game I have ever tried to previously watch on the NHL network was a Flyers game and that was blacked out also. Frustrating!

Blackout rules depend upon your market, not whether or not you can receive the RSN. Example, I live in San Diego and if you have cable, only Time Warner North County receives FSN-Prime Ticket (the ducks are mostly on the channel). If the NHL Network and Prime Ticket (or KDOC, another channel not available in San Diego) are carrying the game, it gets blacked out on the NHL Network to protect the rights of the local RSN and team.

Yeah, it sucks, but do what I did, write letter after letter after letter. Now they don't black out the games on the NHL Network (or Center Ice) if the game is on KDOC.

I don't understand? I am blacked out of tonights Flyers-Leafs game. Why? It is not being shown on Center Ice and my rsn in New York so it isn't available there.
The only game I have ever tried to previously watch on the NHL network was a Flyers game and that was blacked out also. Frustrating!
depends upon your zip code.. Based on your other complaint that a previous Flyers game was blacked out, you may live within the boundaries of Flyers tv territory. Unfortunately because Comcast PHI is NOT satellite delivered, the channel is deliberately made unavailable to satellte subs. So if the game was on Comcast Philly, you're out of luck.

That is true about NHL Network having a wider blackout radius. It has to do with it being a national channel versus a regional channel. Generally, if the RSN is available someway where you live (regardless of any other RSNs you may receive), then it is blacked out on the NHL Network. The example I gave before also applies to Kings games. When the Kings are on the RSN (FSN-West or Prime Ticket), they are always available on CI due to what is known as the "sphere of influence" which is up to 60 miles from the game's location. When the Kings are on the NHL Network and the RSN, it is blacked out because the RSN is available and part of my DMA (San Diego), even though the Kings do not claim San Diego as their territory. It sucks, but again I would suggest that if you think you should get the game, write/call the NHL and the local team. I did that when KDOC games were blacked out on CI a few years ago and now they don't black them out.

Well, since I "moved" from an area that is closer to Philly to a more distant area. I am just surprised that I was blacked out. I don't understand how it being a national channel differs from Versus which I haven't been blacked out of. Since I did "move" so I could get HD locals I am not going to ruffle any feathers. So far, this is only the second game of the season I have missed. I guess I really can't complain. All these problem could easily be resolved If Comcast Philly would make themselves available to satellite companies. I would just "move" back to my home address and I wouldn't even have to pay for center ice. Of course I don't see that happening anytime soon.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts