Status
Please reply by conversation.

slacker9876

Professional Amatuer
Original poster
Supporting Founder
May 20, 2004
Spokane, WA
This morning I got a wild hair and decided to scan my transponders to look at signal while it was sunny & clear to get myself a base line. I took not of the following and have a question about them.

101 SAT - No Signal on 18/20/28, yest LyngSat shows them in use ... am I missing channels from these? (obviously nothing I watch)

119 SAT No Signal on 23/25/29 - These appear to be unused, is the bird full up or something? I though if you had TP space available.

Thes rest are 80 or better, anyway to get these to 90 & up with a Phase III?

Also does anyone know where I can get more information on satellites, capacities, etc? Thanks!

Not all transponders are in use as you pointed out, some of them are used as spot beams so they may be pointing elsewhere in the country resulting in 0 to weak signal levels at your end, you should be getting slightly better signals with a Phase III dish, I get 90's HIGH 80's up here in MN. I love the Phase III dish the signal gain is amazing for a dish of its size, its well worth upgrading to a Phase III dish even if you don't need it, or even if you cant get line of sight to all satellites, the gain jump is really impressive!

Thanks PSB, I do have the Phase III, I was thinking I should be able to do better in Colorado. I did note that my signals are down about 3 points on all TP's. Time to tweak again?

Why would it change? There are no trees in my LOS at all. There are houses but I have never has issues with them.

A phase III dish can see all three sats. and has an integrated LNB and a built in multiswitch so it can output to 4 recievers. It has 3 LNBs but they are connected in one piece of plastic. You know you have if you have three LNBs in one piece.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts