Status
Please reply by conversation.

sbacchus

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Supporting Founder
May 1, 2005
Athens GA
i like to do occasional power (blind) scans with my fortec ultra lifetime to pick up feeds or any other temporary stuff. problem is stuff gets added to the channel list when you scan, then by the time you scan again a lot of those channels are no longer active and new ones get added. so the channel list keeps growing but there are a lot of non existent channels. i thought about deleting the entire list of channels before scanning, but then i would loose the order that i've setup (for the permanent channels).

anyone have a good solution for this annoyance?

sbacchus said:
i like to do occasional power (blind) scans with my fortec ultra lifetime to pick up feeds or any other temporary stuff. problem is stuff gets added to the channel list when you scan, then by the time you scan again a lot of those channels are no longer active and new ones get added. so the channel list keeps growing but there are a lot of non existent channels. i thought about deleting the entire list of channels before scanning, but then i would loose the order that i've setup (for the permanent channels).

anyone have a good solution for this annoyance?

I do with my lifetime ultra. I use a program called gtools that is used for channel list manipulation. I save a backup copy of my good channels to my laptop, then when my channel list gets out of hand on the ultra, I just delete all of them, and restore my channels from gtools.

The zipped program file is only about 500k. PM me with your email address and I'll send it to you.

thanks, i have a copy of gtools. i was hoping there was some trick of doing it on the receiver itself, but i guess that would be asking too much. :)

What I do is the permanent stuff is in order via satellite (SBS6, AMC5, AMC3, G11, etc)…the feeds show up at the end and when they are done, they get deleted.

There are a couple feeds that I keep in the system because they are known feeds (like the N Dakota hockey feed)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts