Blind scan on Pansat 3500 with dual C and Ku LNB's

Status
Please reply by conversation.

cvt

Original poster
Dec 8, 2010
New York
Hi everyone,

I have a question regarding my Pansat 3500. I have a 7ft dish and a co-rotor feedhorn with C and Ku lnb's. I have a 4dtv for moving the dish. I am using a DiSeqC switch. Everything is aligned properly, I have both Ku and C signals being picked up when scanning dishes that are either C or Ku but not both.

My question is this;

I don't see an LNB type selection for both 5150 C and 10750 Ku LNBs. It's either one or the other. Can't I scan both bands in one pass with blind scan? I have my switch set for Ku at port 1 and C at port 2. What LNB type should I be selecting and how do I set the DiSEqC switch?

I suspect I have to create two separate satellites in the memory, one for the C 5150 channels and another for Ku 10750 channels although this doesn't seem correct since the switch is there to direct which LNB is needed for each channel, no?

Thanks for any help you can offer.

Chris

Blind scan selects a satellite to scan, a C Band or A KU Band typed satellite; that is, each type of satellite must be set-up differently, so to scan a satellite, the receiver tunes the LNB set-up for the satellite selected, which are parameters like switch settings, lnb lo, and freq./sr range to blind scan. For it to do it's job, all this pertains to one satellite, typed and held as ONE SATELLITE.

Therefore, a switch setting cannot change to a different one. A C/KU satellite is really two satellites to your receiver, so you must scan each seperately with the correct sw/freq.+sr range/lnb lo...setting programmed for each already set in memory as seperate satellites, then select one or the other to "blind scan", or is that Blind search?

Anyways, blind scan is really just the scanning of a freq. range, one or both polarity's, and a Symbol rate range of ONE SATELLITE, already programmed with it's LO, position, LNB type, and Switch setting that selects it.

Last edited:
Thanks Richyrich,

I kind of knew that would be the case eventhough I didn't want to believe it. So my task now is to identify all the birds that have both C and KU transponders and create a second Ku name (all of mine are C band now) set the parameters i.e., LO and switch port and then do a separate blind scan. So I guess the DiSEqC switch is only changing when you go from say, a C band bird to a Ku bird and not switching between C band transponder and a Ku transponder on the same bird.

OK, looks like I have programming to do... Thanks for your reply.

Chris

some recievers allow the use of LNB TYPE : universal and LOF : 5150 / 10750 . then you would use a 22khz switch with cband on 0khz and ku on 22khz. this would provide the results you want but doesnt work with every reciever.

crackt out,.

in most cases you will need a separate KU and C-Band sat in the list. I know some receivers you can set the LNB LO for "universal" but Pansats are usually "fixed" at either 9750/10600 or 9750/10750

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)