blind scanning

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

phoenix94

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Mar 31, 2006
I know I'm doing something wrong but I'll be danged if I can figure out what. Probably something stupid, I ain't the sharpest knife in the drawer. My problem is that I'm only getting half the channels I think I should be. I'm sorry about the length of this post but I'm gonna start from scratch.

Here's my set-up: 10' unimesh dish w/c&ku lnbs, lnbs hooked into a three-way high frequency splitter and then to the IF in of my Pansat 2500a. IF out of that to IF in of a dsr922. The skew and dish moving is controlled by the 922.

The 922 is tuned and I'm getting good signals from C4 to GB. The polarizer is working correctly on the 922. Now, let's say for instance that I want to scan the T7 satellite. I put the 922 on T7 21 (a horizontal channel). Then I shut the 922 off so I can see the 2500a on the tv. I set up the 2500 to scan the horizontal fta channels and I get about 12. Then I set the 922 to transponder 800 (vertical channel), shut the 922 off, and set the 2500a to do a scan on what should be the vertical channels but all I get is a repeat of the horizontal channels and no vertical ones.

Can anyone tell me what I'm doing wrong.

I wonder if shutting the 922 "off" affects the skew? What if you leave it on while scanning with the 2500?

it almost sounds like when you shut off the 922 the skew defaults back to H. If I remember, my old C-Band LNB did that on analog too.

Then my hookup must be wrong because I can't see the Pansat on the tv unless I shut the 922 off. How should I have it hooked up? Surely there must be at least one other member here who has a 922 hooked to a 2500a?

I wonder if shutting the 922 "off" affects the skew? What if you leave it on while scanning with the 2500?

THANK YOU! THANK YOU! Finaly, after months of frustration! That was it, the 922 has to powered on to keep the polarity the way I currently have it set up. I just assumed it stayed on the channel I left it on when I turned it off so I could see the 2500a on the tv. I changed the 'tv out' on the 2500a to one of the two 'channel in' ports on the tv with the 922 on the other and leave the 922 on. Must be a way to hook up and be able to leave the 922 off to view the 2500a though?

unfortunatelly with a LNB that the receiver skews I dont think its possible. If you are on a H polarity you could turn off the 4DTV because it stays on H polarity

This is how I have my 920 and Pansat hooked together:
http://www.dmsiusa.com/add_a_receiver.htm

But, I leave the 920 on, most always.....

Al

Edit: Also, I use 4x1 HF splitters and a 4x1 Diseqc switch, so I can have a dedicated motorized ku dish for the Pansat. I mostly only use the C-band side of the BUD for the Pansat, because for the ku side, the dedicated ku dish is so much more convenient. Plus it travels the whole arc, while my C-band only travels from 139.0w to 74.0w.

Last edited:
I changed the 'tv out' on the 2500a to one of the two 'channel in' ports on the tv with the 922 on the other and leave the 922 on. Must be a way to hook up and be able to leave the 922 off to view the 2500a though?

Looking on the Pansat website, it looks like the Pansat 2500a has an ANT IN. On my Pansat 3500SD I have a coax from my Star Choice receiver going into the ANT IN on the Pansat and can toggle between the two systems using the TV/SAT on the remote. As well, if I shut off the Pansat it passes through the Star Choice signal (as long as you shut off the Pansat when it is in the SAT setting and not in the TV setting).

While it could be skew, are your HF splitters voltage blocking? If so you also need the 4DTV on to power the LNBs. If not it would be a good idea to put a voltage block on the line from your DVB box so that nothing cooks on the 4DTV.

When I had my 4DTV I left it on to tune the sat / polarity for the DVB box.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts