Blindscan Accuracy on Openbox S9

Status
Please reply by conversation.
when you power the unit off the clock goes bye bye and resets...if you set a timer it shuts the unit off afterwards which reverts back to point 1

Actually, the exact problem seems to be that it remembers the time when shut off, but forgets it when it starts up! I tried it recently with two timers and it awoke at the time of the second timer, but didn't record anything. Maybe this could be alleviated by setting it to get its time from the satellite, but I haven't tested it because even if true, it would be of limited real-world use. Why? Some transponders don't broadcast the time, others broadcast their LOCAL time instead of GMT.
I did some experimenting and found that if I set the time manually, and then set two recordings for different channels, the first recording works, but the second doesn't--exactly as you describe.

If I set it to get time from the stream, both recordings work and the time is on the display between the two. The only problem is, you need both channels to either be on the same transpoder with the correct time being sent or on different transponders with the same time being sent. If the times sent are different...

Another thing I tried with a manual time setting was setting two timer recordings: the first with a duration on 00:00 and the second with the length of the program. I was away between the two programs, so I didn't see what happened, but when I got back, the receiver was on and there was only the first recording on the hard drive with a length of 2 hours. I was also on the channel of the first recording and the time was back to 1-1-2008... I thought sure the right time was set when I set up the recordings...Weird!

Apparently, if you set a record length of 00:00, the unit uses its default time of 2 hours and stays on.

More experimentation is necessary...

About tuning in a low symbol rate... I like to go into the transponder edit menu and adjust the frequency up and down around the one originally set and see which one, when saved, causes the receiver to get a lock the fastest. That's the one I use. It may be off the correct frequency by one or two, but whatever works... Until, of course the weather changes and the frequency in the LNBF changes ever so slightly and I have to do the process all over, again...

Last edited:
I did some experimenting and found that if I set the time manually, and then set two recordings for different channels, the first recording works, but the second doesn't--exactly as you describe.

If I set it to get time from the stream, both recordings work and the time is on the display between the two. The only problem is, you need both channels to either be on the same transpoder with the correct time being sent or on different transponders with the same time being sent. If the times sent are different...

I just tried it with it set to get the time from the stream, and it worked for both recordings as you said. The only difference is, there is NO time display on my front panel. Never is, never was, with any version of the firmware. This has got to be more than a simple wiring issue, because the display works when the unit is running. I thought most if not all people had no time display, that's why I set up the poll that I did last week, but hardly anybody is responding to it -- although everyone who has says that theirs works like mine.

Would one of you guys please describe how you manually enter a transponder, or as someone referred to edit a TP. Also, what do this receiver mean when it asks if you want to search for networks or not? I believe it's in the search one satellite at a time. I haven't had any luck getting any of the S-2 signals.

to add/delete/edit a transponder go into the "transponder list"...its below the option to do a satellite scan

red button to edit tp
green to add
yellow to delete

I think thats right...mine isnt hooked up anymore so the color buttons may be different

also network scan here in north america is useless. Some providers will load all the transponders they use so if you have a non-blind scan receiver you can enter one transponder and search network. Dish and Bell I know have that option

Otherwise Globecast does too. If you enter one globecast transponder and do a network scan it should load about 10 more TP's. Now the TP's that are run by other folks (Glorystar TP'
s) wont load...but a blind scan does that ;)

One thing I noticed is its picky when you have news feeds that are bunched together

example is 91W...there were news feeds at 11945, 11950, 11955, 11960, 11965
all V polarity
all 3978 symbol rate

SSO skipped most of them (I think it got 11945 & 11955).....Coolsat 5000 picked them all up

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Which receiver should i buy to get qpsk chs

C & Ku Feed Hookup to CoolSat Receiver

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)