Blockbuster movie pass vs gamefly

Gucciipad

Original poster
Jan 6, 2012
Usa
BMp $10/month
Gamefly $7.95/a month
BMp takes a month to two months to get the newest released games. Gamefly has it the day it comes out. I'd love to switch but no more movies.

I like the Blockbuster deal mostly because it's part of my Dish bill and comes with extra HD channels.

You do realize that 7.95 price is only for the first month. Regular monthly rate is 15.95 for only one game out at a time. I liked Gamefly but thought it was to expensive which is why I canceled. I know BMP has a 90 delay on new releases but since it really doesn't cost me anything (was already paying for HD Platnium), I'm okay with the wait. I even increased my plan to 2 out so I could 1 movie and 1 game out.

I've had both services in the past. If you're only interested in games, Gamefly wins, hands down. You get new releases quicker. Their stock is more robust. Shipping is faster. I found Blockbuster to be kind of a dud.

Bb doesnt have a big selection. Gamefly basicly has almost every game made for a system that has been out on disc and not as a download. I coulnt hardly find titkes on bb for my ps3 that I would play but gf has all the titles I want.

I'd say the games via BBMP is a patient "bonus" to go along with the channels and Epix streaming, and shouldn't be used if you just want the games.

yea gamefly is not 7.95 per month. its worth that, but thats not how much it is. it's still not much considering the BB store was charging me $8 per 5 day rental for 360 games. which if you can beat a 360 game in 5 days, you may have too much time on your hands. plus GF has the queue system (like bb@H) but it really sucks when you wait the 5-7 days for shipping (avg time it takes from sending a disk back to get the new one) only to find out you didn't get the game you'd been hoping for but your #2 game on the list. Though a plus for GF is it does have a nice rewards system and good deals on used games

i figure BB@H is about the same just with not as new of titles. and the rewards. as someone else said, sounds like another perk in addition to all it already offers. though not a bad idea to add on another disk for the $5 a month and use that as the game rental.

I'd opt for Redbox over Gamefly.

What a terrible idea. Redbox has practically no selection, costs more, and can't carry games for the portable systems.

The trick with Gamefly is to have more then 1 at a time and just send one back when one arrives. Since games are more time intensive then movies, I don't really see the slightly longer turn-around as much of a negative. You won't be expecting to only have a game for one night (unless you just choose terrible games). The solution to the queue problem some people have is to not put games you don't want in your queue. If you have to have X on launch day, clear your queue of everything else.

If it's not in a Redbox, then more often than not you're probably better off just buying it used with a few exceptions rather than paying $23/mo for more than one game out at a time. IMO you've got to really be churning through the titles to make that worthwhile.

In the offchance I want to play a new release, I'm $4 away from enjoying it for the weekend. No tricks involved.

When I looked at game fly, I also thought it was high priced even to get close to "breaking even" on my end

I have had 5 games in my queue for 3 months (and they are not new titles!) and still have not received a single game!

I've had BBMP basically since it became available through Dish. The first 4 discs in my cue are video games. The first 4 discs I EVER put in my cue were games. I am yet to receive the first game. Everything ever delivered has been #5 or higher on my cue. The games switch between 'very long wait' and 'not available'. And BTW, they're not any of the new releases... There ones that are in the $30 range at the store new--kids' stuff.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts