Blockbuster on 612 stinks! Is it coming to WDTV?

The only reason I left Netflix was their decision to split the company into two and force me to maintain two lists. Now they they have abandoned that bad idea I really prefer the Netflix model and software over the Dish options (for discs and streaming).
They have always had two lists for DVD and Instant, and continue to have two lists. They were going to create separate accounts, requiring separate logins. A minor PITA.

I just hate their attitude, and that name "Quickster". I'm happy to cancel the DVD portion of my account. I'll keep the streaming for $8...until Amazon fixes their UI, making it easier to find titles, and the ability to save them to a queue. Once that happens, buh-bye Netflix streaming.

I get 50-100Mbps bandwidth, and it has downloaded, as opposed to streamed, the three titles I have chosen from the "streaming" menu, so far. Plus, the UI is crap.

But, the Platinum channels and disc-by-mail is worth the $10. And, because I get it free for 12 months, I've upgraded to two-disc plan for $5. Considering my Netflix 2-disc plan cost $15, it's a no-brainer.

The UI is awful, but I can't explain your download versus streaming issue. I have been able to stream three different movies and it is actual streaming with the streaming quality bars (and a drop off in quality for two minutes one time when my connection decided to be flaky). Is your receiver hard wired to your router, are you using a wifi adapter or some different method?

That should definitely have no problems hitting streaming speeds. That is exactly the setup I use with my 722. Can you test the speed of the connection your bridge is providing, maybe it's not giving you the throughput it should be for some reason? There must be some reason why your setup is behaving differently than mine. Based on what you've said, there's no reason why you shouldn't be able to stream.

Streaming versus downloading is the question.. Netflix streams.. Nothing is put on your system.. With Dish, you can watch it instantly in most cases, but it IS being downloaded and stored on the hidden part of your hard drive.. So the answer is that DISH does download it instead of stream it.. But it's apples and oranges.. You can still watch it fast.. You just can't find anything to watch with their crappy interface..

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts