Blockbuster Stores may serve as Dish Customer Service locations

Additionally, the BB stores could also sell some DISH accessories like remotes, OTA modules, HDMI cables, wireless broadband adapters, etc.

Currently if you have a bad receiver Dish sends you a new one and you send the old one back. You then connect the new receiver. I don't see how this proposed change would suddenly make people need a tech to do the connection for them.

Most of our customers are not willing to wait the four business days it takes to get the replacement receiver. The customers that are willing to wait still prefer to have us come out and hook it up for them. Customers HATE calling Dish and having to mess with their equipment. Most customers actually pay us a fee to come out to their house right away and swap out there receiver on the spot because they do not want to go days without TV.

"Subscribers to Dish's Latino service may also be able to pay their TV bills in stores in metropolitan markets, he added."Why not say any or all subscribers to dish service, why specifically say/imply latino? It seems like he is calling them deadbeats, which is mentality at dish.
I don't think it is so much about recognizing anyone as deadbeats as having identified a group of customers that has demonstrated a strong preference for paying their bills with cash or money orders.

gcs_78 said:
Currently if you have a bad receiver Dish sends you a new one and you send the old one back. You then connect the new receiver. I don't see how this proposed change would suddenly make people need a tech to do the connection for them.

There is still tons of people out there after recieving thier mailed reviever to them demand a tech come out and hook it up anyways, besides having a step by step set of instructions included.

Most of these people from personal experience are either elderly, physically incapable ( i.e. in a wheel chair ) or just afraid of technology.

If a customer brings in their 'dead' receiver to a BB store, I'll go out on a limb and say they can probably re-connect a replacement. :) Just give us that option.... I've even asked to go to the office/warehouse for their contractor (Digital Dish) and get a replacement. Nope, won't allow it...

Options, options, options people. If a customer needs a tech to connect a (3) wires/cables (sat feed, coax out to TV, and power), let 'em pay for that !

Hall said:
If a customer brings in their 'dead' receiver to a BB store, I'll go out on a limb and say they can probably re-connect a replacement. :) Just give us that option.... I've even asked to go to the office/warehouse for their contractor (Digital Dish) and get a replacement. Nope, won't allow it...

Options, options, options people. If a customer needs a tech to connect a (3) wires/cables (sat feed, coax out to TV, and power), let 'em pay for that !

Here here!!!! I agree totally.

I've even asked to go to the office/warehouse for their contractor (Digital Dish) and get a replacement. Nope, won't allow it...

Sounds a little similar to what I tried a few years ago...I tried to do a receiver swap at the call center in Bluefield, WV. I then tried to get the "receptionist" to connect me with a CSR directly, because I knew my chances of getting an English-speaking one in Bluefield would be almost 100% certain.

Sounds a little similar to what I tried a few years ago...I tried to do a receiver swap at the call center in Bluefield, WV. I then tried to get the "receptionist" to connect me with a CSR directly, because I knew my chances of getting an English-speaking one in Bluefield would be almost 100% certain.
But which is worse? Non-english speaking CSR, or english-speaking CSR without teeth? ;) :D

Interesting, just drive by one of the few blockbusters and they are having a moving sale? Interesting to be moving, guess though anything possible

Interesting, just drive by one of the few blockbusters and they are having a moving sale? Interesting to be moving, guess though anything possible
there are a few articles about that too...

That's Dish trying to spin a store closing sale as they "move" online.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)