Blocking Unwanted Channels

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

clinscheid

Original poster
Oct 31, 2005
I have a new HR10-250 and want to block unwanted channels like HSN, PPV, church services, Spanish channels, etc. from showing up when surfing or looking through the onscreen guide.

What's the best way to block these?

Remove them from "Channels I Receive".
Home -> Settings -> Channels -> Channels I Receive, if I recall correctly.

Then change the onscreen guide to view only these channels. (Press INFO when viewing the guide.)

I think Hogarth's solution is a temporary one. Channels will come back occassionaly and start appearing again. It's a feature/defect in the way DirecTivos work. Another route is to add channels to a favorites list and set your channel guide to use that favorites list. The downside is that you will have to manually add any new channels that DirecTV adds. As long as you surf this forum you will certainly know about those.

I must respectfully disagree... I've been using DirecTivos since the DSR6000 (almost 5 years). I've never had any of the channels that I've removed from "channels that I recieve" list come back. It has always worked flawlessly.

ToddHealy said:
I've experienced this issue personally. A quick search of tivocommunity turned up this example.
http://www.tivocommunity.com/tivo-vb/showthread.php?t=263657

There are other threads on the topic if anyone is interested.

I stand corrected but that's wild. I'm obsessive about my channel lists and I've never seen that happen. I've owned the DSR6000, the DSR7000 and the HR10-250!

Maybe it's a procedure thing. I generally go to my "channels I receive" list and delete all channels. Then I manually go in and add the channels that I want listed. It seems there are less channels to add than there are for me to remove! :)

jaybertx said:
Maybe it's a procedure thing. I generally go to my "channels I receive" list and delete all channels. Then I manually go in and add the channels that I want listed. It seems there are less channels to add than there are for me to remove! :)

I did that too. We keep all of our channels on the DirecTiVo's and only the HD channels on our 10-250, but they kept coming back. The favorites thing works great. If they add any more HD channels I'm sure I'll read about it in half a dozen threads between here and the other forums :)

I too have an HR10-250 and channels are constantly coming back after I have removed them from "Channels I Receive"

The biggest culprits are PPV and shopping channels :(
I don't have a problem with the movie channels (HBO, Max, etc...) regional sports channels or Spanish Channels. Bizzarre

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)