Blu-Ray 7 to 3 over HD-DVD for 2007?

There are over 700,000 HD DVD players in American homes. This has been disused on this forum. Since you are way off on such an important figure your mathematical formula is invalid and thus your whole statement is invalid.

Um, if there are 700,000 HD DVD players how do you reconcile the fact reported by Nielsen VideoScan that "cumulative [disc] sales stand at approximately 708,600 units" as of 3/18/2007?

I can't seem to find the article from VideoBusiness I was refering too. Maybe I was drunk at the time! The only thing I can find is the figure of 175,000 units. Sorry for messing up this thread. I'm going to go eat some crow! :(

Less than 2 movies per HD-DVD player sounds kinda low. Granted, the dates these things were counted may be a couple of months apart. And it doesn't sound like there are high rental rates. Maybe the free movies aren't counted as part of the totals?

On edit, after seeing the post above: Well, that sounds more in keeping with the 5 to 1 figure of Blu-ray devices to HD-DVD devices (players, PS3, Xbox 360 drive).

Personally, I find Tabasco helps a great deal with the taste of crow. I've certainly tasted it often enough...

I can't seem to find the article from VideoBusiness I was refering too. Maybe I was drunk at the time! The only thing I can find is the figure of 175,000 units. Sorry for messing up this thread. I'm going to go eat some crow! :(

It's probably buried back in their news archive. You posted in my thread in the War Zone "Is the Playstation 3 Doomed?" :

Video Business reported almost two months ago that HD DVD players sold were around 468,000.

I had seen a report from Toshiba that they had sold 200,000 HD DVD standalone players, since format launch through February. The rest of the numbers must be the Xbox add-on.

I have a feeling that the lower cost on the A2 $300 is going to sell alot of HD-DVD players. I wonder what would happen if the Blu-Ray camp came out with a $300 player -- which one would sell more?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)