Blu-ray Hardware Deals

Current deals:

http://www.homemediamagazine.com/news/html/breaking_article.cfm?article_id=12855

[FONT=arial, helvetica, sans-serif]Walt Disney Co. chairman and CEO Bob Iger said a $300 Blu-ray Disc player would boost the format, and Wal-Mart has granted his wish.

The long-rumored $298 Magnavox player (NB500MG9) has hit shelves at the discounter, along with a $348 Samsung player (BD-P1500/XAA) and a $388 Sony player (BDPS300). The older profile players don’t offer all the bells and whistles but may mollify Blu-ray price critics.
[/FONT]

Online they have the Magnavox for $298, S300 for $386 and the PS3 for $399(with a $100 gift card). The BD30 has also been seen at $448

I wonder what exactly is in that coupon book. A $100 gift certificate would interest me more.

Looks like the coupon book sucks and the PS3 is still a better deal, from other forums:

The coupon book is good for Disney Blu rays. Coupons expire Feb 2009. Basically it is a lot of buy 2, get $10 off deals that can't be combined with other offers. Think you would have better luck paying Amazon prices or an in store B2G1F deal.

I work at Best Buy and we got them in today and all home theater associates laughed their ass off. I can also confirm that the book is all "$10 off two select blu-rays" with the exception of $10 off Lost Season 3.

Also at only $50 cheaper, a PS3 is alot better, more flexible, more output options, etc. I don't understand the whole "set top" idea as the PS3 looks nice (way better than if the 360 had blu-ray installed) and the movies will load up instantly and fast.

Wal-Mart pushing sales of Blu-ray players

Wal-Mart pushing sales of Blu-ray players

With the high definition DVD format war settled, Wal-Mart Stores Inc is now aggressively promoting sales of Blu-ray players. The world's largest retailer said on Tuesday that from June 8-14, it is offering a $100 Wal-Mart gift card with the purchase of any Blu-ray player in its stores.

Rest of Story and Source: Reuters

Really? I think the prices are just okay except for the S500. That's a good price. Even on E-bay people pay a lot for that thing which totally boggles my mind.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)