Blu Ray losing badly.

vurbano

On Double Secret Probation
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Apr 1, 2004
Newport News, VA
Satellite -CATV News .Portal de Television via satelite fta tv por cable y electronica del consumidor.

According to a story from Home Media Magazine that cites a new study, potential HDTV buyers are choosing HD DVD over Blu-Ray for their movie needs.

The study shows that 43% of prospective HDTV consumers are leaning towards HD DVD, while just 27% are leaning towards Blu-Ray, with a large 30% undecided. The study claims that the price is the determining factor for high-def rookies.
The study, conducted by The Diffusion Group, was based off of two Internet surveys of 1,500 and 2,000 adults, during October and November.

You better tell that to the people at the register since they seem to keep buying BD and not HD....

Prospective buyers out of a random 1500 people is irrelevant to actual people buying things now.

You better tell that to the people at the register since they seem to keep buying BD and not HD....

Prospective buyers out of a random 1500 people is irrelevant to actual people buying things now.
Yeah I didnt think that article would go over big with the blue smurfs.

With all these reports that the consumer is consistantly buying HD-DVD over BD can you show us one report this year where a movie showed up on both formats and HD-DVD outsold BD?

Oh wait a miniute -- this wasn't a REAL report on a sales trend but a possible potential in the future kind of report? You are scraping the bottom of the barrel or what Vurbano?

Also I noticed that this report did not take into account ask if the prospective client was looking at PS3 for BD playback -- why is that Vurbano?

Also, why do you post something that has no legs -- potential buyers? I think we have found someone to buy that swampland in Louisanna boys!!:D

3 to 1 last week disk sales in favor of Blu-Ray, and all those $98 HD-DVD players sold last month, yep and you say Blu-Ray is loosing badly. You can see how getting the low cost players in j6p's hands has really paid off. You should have called this thread, "Unscientific, internet poll predicts increase in HD-DVD players sometime in the future, giving hope to desperate HD-DVD early adapters".

With all these reports that the consumer is consistantly buying HD-DVD over BD can you show us one report this year where a movie showed up on both formats and HD-DVD outsold BD?

Oh wait a miniute -- this wasn't a REAL report on a sales trend but a possible potential in the future kind of report? You are scraping the bottom of the barrel or what Vurbano?

Also I noticed that this report did not take into account ask if the prospective client was looking at PS3 for BD playback -- why is that Vurbano?

Also, why do you post something that has no legs -- potential buyers? I think we have found someone to buy that swampland in Louisanna boys!!:D
If you and your troll buddies had a clue you would realize that the article is about the future expansion of the war, not the little battle over 2% of the disc market. :rolleyes:

Because it's a game machine that just happens to play movies?

S~

If you and your troll buddies had a clue you would realize that the article is about the future expansion of the war, not the little battle over 2% of the disc market. :rolleyes:

And when will this expansion take place, If Warner Brothers moves to Blu-Ray, I don't think that survey will make much difference

And talk about Trolls, boy that is the Pot calling the Kettle black :rolleyes:

The PS3 plays games too???;)

I have two, Madden 07 which was on sale for $25 and the game that comes free with the 80GB system.

Add me to the list too. I hadn't played a video game in 15 years when I bought my PS3 to play BD in early Nov. Since I've had it, I've only played some demos I downloaded for free and a couple of games I paid $12 for.

Pardon my ignorance, but could someone please explain the business model that enables Sony to make money off of games produced by companies like EA, 2K, Activision, etc. Is it a licensing thing?

Choose HD DVD over Blu-ray!

Who needs HD extras? Not HD DVD users. (see Harry Potter: OotP, HD extras on Blu-ray, no space for it on HD DVD)

Who needs lossless audio? Not HD DVD users. (62% of Blu-ray discs have lossless audio, only 21% of HD DVD releases can fit it on the disc)

Who needs transfers that actually resemble the master? DNR the heck out of them to fit them in 30GB! (see Face/Off | BD vs HD | Image 1 )

But, but, but, Profile 1.1...is coming to the top selling Blu-ray player tomorrow. Literally. 12/18/07 update your firmware for the PS3.