Blu-ray opinion survey/contest

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

navychop

Member of the Month - July 2014!
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
Jul 20, 2005
Northern VA
If you go to this Blu-ray link you will get a box talking about an opinion survey/contest. If you click thru to the contest, you get a chance to read the rules. Click on that. It will open a box, and embedded in paragraph 3 you will see:

"Canadian entrants must also provide the correct answer to a time based mathematical skill testing question (“Answer”). The required mathematical skill testing question for Canadian entrants is “what is 2 plus 2, subtracted by 2, multiplied by 2, divided by 2.” Canadian entrants must correctly answer this question unassisted without any outside help within 2 minutes. "

I've never seen this before. Some new Canadian law? Why would they do this?

They estimate the survey will take about 15 minutes. It took me about 17 minutes, and that was with COL and reading all the rules, privacy policy, etc. If you skip all that you can probably do it in half the time. Anyway, grand prize is a Bravia flat panel LCD, and I think they are giving away some BD movies as well.

On edit: BTW, if you say you have satellite TV and VOD, but not cable, the survey says you made an error- VOD is only available via cable! Well, sorta- depends on who's defining VOD.

Last edited:
Only cable has real VOD. :) There are no free video on demand shows on my 622 or 625 where as there are thousands of hours of SD and at least 250 hours of HD available on my Comcast box.

Edit:

Nice find. They did want me to enter about 25 of my movies or so.

Last edited:
Wow. Your questions must have been a bit different than mine. Of course, I don't have a BD or HD-DVD player yet.

I always viewed VOD as something you paid for, with a few freebies. Good to hear otherwise- maybe Dish will provide some for free. But first, we need Dish Online.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)