Blu-Ray Output Question

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
I don't think the components will be HD, 480p at most, dunno if there's been a change to this though

Component output will be HD. Unless the disk has ICT fllag set, in which case the output will still be technically HD (1080i or 720p), however the picture quality will be downgraded to 540 lines of vertical resolution and then upconverted to 1080i or 720p.

1080p Question

My tv only supports the 1080i format. Not the 1080p that I know of. Will the Blu-Ray system play on it?

My TV is a Pioneer Elite Pro 710 64" Projection HDTV

It does NOT have HDMI input. It has 2 comp. inputs and 1 VGA. This was one of the first HD tv's. I use one of the comp. inputs for my Dish 211, the other for my DVD player, I use the VGA input for my DTV Sony 300. It has a VGA connection. All of the newer DTV recievers droped the VGA output.

I have found a Key Digital Box KD-CTCA3 that will convert the comp. outputs to vga, but it is expensive. $399. I would like to buy it for the Blu-Ray player, but I here that the HD output is only going to be through the HDMI output. Everyother output is going to be stepped down to 480i. So why buy a HD player?

Do you know of a converter that will convert an HDMI signal to VGA?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)