Blu Standalones Out-Sell HD-DVD ($99) in December

i was not sure if B was the same studio in the UK or not...

i would agree that we are not the center of the universe. we are a suburb of Japan :D

and the middle east has us by the short a curlys wth the oil..

+1

I am anxious to see what CES leaves us with. Gates, HDDVD, BD. Also interested to see how Jan and Feb play out. I doubt this is the end of the big news.

+1

I am anxious to see what CES leaves us with. Gates, HDDVD, BD. Also interested to see how Jan and Feb play out. I doubt this is the end of the big news.

i will be interesting... i just hope BD gets a clean sweep soon.. and that they start taking on SD dvd with a vengence... that will be the real challenge..

Untill studios decide to relase BD only or atlest relase the BD version 3 to 4 weeks ahead of SD we will not see a mass converson, but a single format will help a ton...

They realy need to get catalog titles in at a $10-$14 dollar range

I think if BD has a 1.1 $250 player by summer and Universal this could work.

If the BD30 is still $400 bucks(from everyone's price comments) with no other selection and Uni and Para dont change, could be in trouble.

Getting ready to watch Toshiba at CES on gizmodo, should be interesting.

I think if BD has a 1.1 $250 player by summer and Universal this could work.

If the BD30 is still $400 bucks(from everyone's price comments) with no other selection and Uni and Para dont change, could be in trouble.

Getting ready to watch Toshiba at CES on gizmodo, should be interesting.

I Hope toshiba makes the big step and offers that BD 1.1 player. that would go along way to acting like men and just say you won and lets get the rest finished.

becasue there is a limited amount of time before this is considered a failure and lets yet another new format maybe on a new type of media to chim in..

i realy think that flash media like a compact flash drive(not micro drive) will hit the 60-100GB point... but i do not like the pins that compact flash drives use.

but somthing of that nature could offer endless expandablility, and also Very cost affecive compared to an optical laser.

The way I read it is that Ron Sanders president of the Warner home video division is being quoted

Vurbano, here is the quote

Media Wonk attended an industry dinner in Hollywood in early December where he ran into Warner Bros. Home Entertainment Group president Kevin Tsujihara and home video president Ron Sanders.

According to Sanders, however, Warner's decision was driven by consumer behavior, more than an expectation of resolving the format war.

"It’s hard for us to speculate about impact this will have on the format war. All we can do really is make the best decision for our business and the rest of it will really take care of itself, in time," he said. "One of the things you see in the NPD data for this fourth quarter was that even with a $100 [price] premium, Blu-ray set tops outsold HD set tops in December. Even with Toshiba having the lowest-cost player in the market, software sales remained 2 to 1 in favor of Blu-ray."

here is a link:
N4G.com : Blu-ray Standalone's Outsold HD DVD players in December despite $99 Sale

from gizmodo:
Interview: Why Warner Went Full Throttle With Blu-ray
We already know he was lying about doing what was best for the consumer. God knows how higher prices, less competition and incomplete players is "better" for the consumer. The man is lining his pockets with 500 million at least. Your first link was contributed by a reader not a reporter and the second link says nothing about BD standalones outselling HD DVD's. WHere's the proof?

There were no $99 players in December, it was a 2 day sale at Walmart and BB in October, that was the only time I've ever seen $99 players.

Anyways when are Blu 2.0 players with passthrough coming out?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)