Blue-Ray Recorders, 2nd Gen?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Shredder

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Mar 2, 2006
Hey all,

Apparently the first Blue Ray recorders are being released now, at a price tag of $899. At 50Gb's per $10 or so disk, this is a steal for data storage....but not only is the speed slow for first generation, I can't really justify 900 right now to buy one, when I just know a faster, cheaper model will be around the corner..

Anyone know when Gen 2 will be coming out? Has there been any speculation, or should I start saving 900$'s to back up all my HDTV and Audio files?

For that price

Shredder said:
Hey all,

Apparently the first Blue Ray recorders are being released now, at a price tag of $899. At 50Gb's per $10 or so disk, this is a steal for data storage....but not only is the speed slow for first generation, I can't really justify 900 right now to buy one, when I just know a faster, cheaper model will be around the corner..

Anyone know when Gen 2 will be coming out? Has there been any speculation, or should I start saving 900$'s to back up all my HDTV and Audio files?

For That $$ you can get some monster HD's!! I will wait until I can get a shoe shine as well for $900! Shouldn't be hard since they are shining your Butt for $900!:D

steal for data storage?

might as well get an IPOD, just as much stoage space, for 1/3 the cost.

As a storage medium BluRay is really not he way too go.

And like gizzer said, HDDs are super cheap, and getting cheaper.

gizzer777 said:
For That $$ you can get some monster HD's!! I will wait until I can get a shoe shine as well for $900! Shouldn't be hard since they are shining your Butt for $900!:D

Just saw an External 500 gig HD at Costco for under $250!!! I'll stay with these for Video Storage until price comes down a LITTLE!!!:D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts