Bluefield/Beckley DMA on Dish - any updates?

Is anyone else not receiving ABC or the guide info for Fox and PBS?

I found this in the DishChannelChart.com link:
5290 WOAY (ABC 50) MPEG4 HD 77°W 32 QPSK TURBO CODED (5/6) ConUS beam [SIZE=-2]Oak Hill, WV[/SIZE] Not Available

I've heard rumors that the station has been 'difficult' to work with in configuring the uplink, and because of that there are technical problems with the feed.

I don't know anything about the guide info, but I would think that the individual stations would have to provide that to Dish. I've seen some of these channels off-the-air at a friends house, and they don't even provide good guide information there.

At least you all are getting the locals for the most part... I do not have 77W, and they insist I should be getting the locals. I even went as far as telling them that I do not have 77W.... Supposed to have received a tech support call 20-30 minutes after talking to the gentleman on the phone... 1 hour later, not call. For reference, I have a Dish 500 on 61.5 and Dish 1000 on 110 119 and 129

At least you all are getting the locals for the most part... I do not have 77W, and they insist I should be getting the locals. I even went as far as telling them that I do not have 77W.... Supposed to have received a tech support call 20-30 minutes after talking to the gentleman on the phone... 1 hour later, not call. For reference, I have a Dish 500 on 61.5 and Dish 1000 on 110 119 and 129

Call 'em again and play stupid.

Question about 1000.4 dish mounting for locals

I know that this is a little off topic, but it is sort of related. I expect that I'll get a 1000.4 dish for the eastern arc in order to get the new local channels for Bluefield DMA (HD on the 77 sat).

I've presently got a dish500 with dp/twin mounted to a galvanized fence post simply driven into the ground.

I just got vinyl siding installed on my house (over wood). Would a dish net installer even attempt to mount a dish on the vinyl siding, or would any 'qualified' installer automatically not do that?

Also have new roof shingles, and depending on how bad snow/ice 'loads' on that bigger dish, I'd rather not have to climb on the roof or ladder in the middle of the winter to work on or clean snow/ice off of it. I used to have two 18" dishes for the 110/119 sats on the roof, and I hated having to climb on the roof to work on them. Not that I had to do it often.

I don't know that the existing fence post would hold the weight of the 1000.4 dish, especially if covered with ice and a strong wind blowing. Plus, it's present location is not aesthetically good, near my driveway in order to get a good look angle for 119.

The look angle for 61 - 77 degrees should allow me to get the dish away from the driveway. and also cut the overall length of the coax, if I can ground mount a 1000.4 on a post. Can the 1000.4 be mounted to a regular fence post, and if so will simply driving the post into the ground be enough to hold it up (heavy clay soil), or would the additional wind loading make it necessary to concrete the post?

Could my existing Dish 500 lnb be changed to receive the 72 & 77 sats, and then add a another Dish 500 (which I have, and could maybe use the old DP twin lnb?) to add the 61.5 sat ? If so, would a dish net installer do that instead of a total replacement with a 1000.4. If it is possible to even use them, would there be any benefit (signal strength wise) in using two dish500's (with lnb changes made for the eastern sats)?

Any information would be appreciated!

It seems it is luck of the draw to get a csr the first time who knows what they are doing and can get them to understand what you want .I had 2 dish setup for 110,119 and 61.5 ,called dish in March to tell them i could not get the new hd that had been added.She knew exactly what i needed and set me up for e-arc dish.The installer that came 2 days later knew what he was doing and took down the 61.5 dish put up e-arc dish and even rehooked the 110,119 dish all free of charge.The installer even give me his cell phone # to call him if i had any trouble later with it.Also i then "moved" to Charleston for their hd networks.Guess i will wait until Woay is turned on to "move" back.Keep calling until you get the right person.

Ended up complaining to the Dish Network Twitter account... The guy in charge of it, got in contact with me and here I am a week later with locals. Installer came out today to replace my dishes!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)