Bluetooth Single Ear Headset

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

charlesrshell

SatelliteGuys Crazy
Original poster
Lifetime Supporter
Jan 14, 2006
O'Fallon, IL
Does anyone know of a Bluetooth single ear headset that works with the Hopper? I have tried out a Verizon and Jabra headset and can't get them to work.

Just a thought - is the single ear type using A2DP?

Well, I have been reading up about the single ear Bluetooth and yes there are A2DP models availitble. I think that is probably the Bluetooth version single ear headset I would need. I hope someone has tried one out so I would know for sure.

I got another Bluetooth single ear headset that has the A2DP feature, Plantronics M55. Bingo, it works. A2DP (Advanced Audio Distribution Profile) is a Bluetooth feature for streaming audio through the headset. The M55 doesn't seem to work as good as my two ear Bluetooth stereo headphones. The distance is not as strong so it cuts in and out. I may take it back and get the Motorola HX550 Bluetooth A2DP headset and see if it works better.

So bottom line, if you want a Bluetooth single ear headset that works with the Hopper, make sure it has the A2DP feature. Not all Bluetooth single ear headsets have it. Also, some single ear headsets that can stream your Hopper can also work your cellphone too. That feature is called multipoint technology.

Yep Tampa8, you were correct that the Bluetooth single ear headset requires the A2DP feature to be able to stream audio from the Hopper. Thanks again for your help. Also, I have learned about the three power classes for Bluetooth headsets. Some headsets are Class 1 power capable which is 100m distance. Class 2 is the standard 10m distance and Class 3 is 1m. However, from what I have read the Hopper would require to be Class 1 capable too. I guess there must be some cell phones and devices available that have Class 1 capability. Also, I have learned that even though the Hopper may not be Class 1 power capable, the Class 1 capable Bluetooth headset distance still might work farther away than the Class 2 10m distance. It depends on the Hopper's Bluetooth antenna strength. This weekend I am going to try out the Motorola HX550 Bluetooth headset and see how it performs. This headset has the A2DP feature and the Class 1 100m capability. I will post here how the distance test goes.

I finally got a Motorola HX550 Bluetooth single ear headset and have been testing it. She is awesome. The distance is a little farther than the last single ear headset I had. Also, it doesn't cut out while just sitting there watching the Hopper like the last headset did. Earpiece is much nicer, charge chord is longer, hi volume is much loader, and also the HX550 sound is much clearer. You can also answer your cell phone too while watching your Hopper hop along. If you are looking for a single ear Bluetooth headset that works with your Hopper the Motorola HX550 a good one.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)