Blurred vision during NBC preseason game

delanewf

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jan 20, 2005
Did anyone else notice the picture get blurry suddenly during the Hall of Fame game Sunday? I was watching it on my local NBC affilliate OTA in HD and the picture would be fine then go blurry for a few moments then go back to being fine. It did it throughout the broadcast .

Was this a problem with NBC's feed or was it only my local station's problem? Let me know if anyone else experienced this and any ideas on what caused it. I might have to watch Sunday night football in SD because this was very distracting. Unless of course, it was also happening on the SD side as well.

Seeing the same thing on Dish Network. The shot switches to the players on the field and is fine until just before the snap, then it's like it was instantly down-rezzed by about 50%. Seeing it on play re-plays too.

Must be an NBC thing if you're seeing it OTA and I'm seeing it via E*. I sure hope they correct it by next week. It's very annoying.

When I lived in Kentucky, the NBC there had that same problem. NBC has problems when the local channel there has multiple subchannels. The one in kentucky had thier weather channel and SD version of the channel. The NBC in tallahassee does not have that problem because its only subchannel is the tube. The problems i get are that the channel is on low VHF channel 2.

digiblur said:
It was a nationwide problem.

Or not. Some people are saying it's a problem with the Harris mpeg encoders at the local stations being misconfigured. Since that's a rather old and known issue, I tend to think it's a national problem, but some people insist it was just as good as CBS on their magical local station. (I wouldn't be suprised if those people had EDTVs or impaired vision since if it was a local setting, wouldn't KNBC or WNBC have figured it out?)

I was seeing this on many of the DishHD channels last night, so I flipped over to the game on NBC (local OTA) expecting to see pristine 1080i...same crappy PQ. I decided to get some sleep and hope all the HD-Lite I was viewing was just a bad dream.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts