boardband connection

vodad

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Dec 14, 2005
well it turns out that I have not been watching my bill lately and I am getting hit with program access fees. one of my recievers is hookedup through the home network, and the other through dishcomm. and right now I am online with tech support and they are pretty much useless.

they claim that it is only dialing in every so often, but anytime I go to dishonline, it works just fine. waiting to see what they are going to do about the fees.

they seem to be clueless, and suggest that I make sure my network is always up, which it is, when I am at work during the day i stream music to work from home, so I know it is up then, and when I am at home someone is always on a computer using the internet.

back to menu 6 1 9 and then wanting to know if anything is showing on this screen
of course there is there are three more menu options

I am connected, this is the fifth time we have been to this screen.

and i must say waiting 2-3 minutes between replies is a little ridiculous

and then the reset connection button, gee imagine that It says connected online.

well going back through my bill it seems that I have been being charged for one fee for a few months now, and the other one just started.

the claim once it dials out they will waive the fees, but what about all the back fees, waiting on that answer now.

apparently this is a valid charge and the fees will not be credited cause i did not let them know, but with paperless billing who pays attention. i just switched 6 months ago to hd absolute and never thought about what the bill would be.

well that was pointless, I guess I will see if there is another charge next month, but this months will not be waived or the ones for the last 6 months. so that is 40 bucks extra dish made off of me.

gee they conviently lost my connection to tech support, I guess she did not want to work with me anymore.

well, i will keep you posted on what I find out, I will email my log file to dish so they can fix the lost connection to tech support for next time.

Yeah, unfortunately, if you read the fine print on the contracts you sign when you sign up for Dish, there is a disclaimer that says that it is up to Dish Network's discression to decide whether or not your receiver is properly hooked up to the phone/internet or not... so they have full power over deciding whether or not to waive the fee.

Bullcrap, I know, but look at the bright side.... if you were with Direct, you would be charged those fees every month, whether you hooked everything into a phone line or not.

well it turns out that I have not been watching my bill lately and I am getting hit with program access fees. one of my recievers is hookedup through the home network, and the other through dishcomm. and right now I am online with tech support and they are pretty much useless.

they claim that it is only dialing in every so often, but anytime I go to dishonline, it works just fine. waiting to see what they are going to do about the fees.

they seem to be clueless, and suggest that I make sure my network is always up, which it is, when I am at work during the day i stream music to work from home, so I know it is up then, and when I am at home someone is always on a computer using the internet.

back to menu 6 1 9 and then wanting to know if anything is showing on this screen
of course there is there are three more menu options

I am connected, this is the fifth time we have been to this screen.

and i must say waiting 2-3 minutes between replies is a little ridiculous

and then the reset connection button, gee imagine that It says connected online.

well going back through my bill it seems that I have been being charged for one fee for a few months now, and the other one just started.

the claim once it dials out they will waive the fees, but what about all the back fees, waiting on that answer now.

apparently this is a valid charge and the fees will not be credited cause i did not let them know, but with paperless billing who pays attention. i just switched 6 months ago to hd absolute and never thought about what the bill would be.

well that was pointless, I guess I will see if there is another charge next month, but this months will not be waived or the ones for the last 6 months. so that is 40 bucks extra dish made off of me.

gee they conviently lost my connection to tech support, I guess she did not want to work with me anymore.

well, i will keep you posted on what I find out, I will email my log file to dish so they can fix the lost connection to tech support for next time.

I believe that dishcomm (connecting to another receiver) only works with a phone line. You can use the same builtin device to link instead connect to a Homelink device connecting to your home network and avoid charges that way.

If you go to the diagnostics screen (menu 6-3) you can check in the counters to see when it last called out successfully. It currently does one call out a week for status, and another once a month. I belive the once a month one is the one that must be made to avoid fees. You can also try the call out option to force a connection.

Thank you for quoting the ENTIRE original post. After one reply, I was starting to lose track.

DishComm has been down for me and several people on this forum since the last software update sometime in August. Alot of people were charged the extra $5.00 monthly charge. They refunded mine and I hooked the 2nd receiver up to a phone line to avoid any future charges until Dish fixes the problem, it is on their end.

Maybe Dish just needed some extra money at $5.00 a pop from there customers.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)