Bob Cooper

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Scott Greczkowski

Welcome HOME!
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Cutting Edge
Sep 7, 2003
Newington, CT
At next weeks SatelliteExpo I am excited that I am finally going to meet one of the true pioneers of the Satellite Industry, the legendary Bob Cooper.

Bob Cooper started this entire home satellite revolution by designing and publicizing the first ever "home" C Band satellite system in 1976.

I have grown up reading many of Bobs writings. And I still occationally read his writings from his new magazine SatFacts which he publishes from his home in New Zealand.

Bob will be flying in next week and will be hanging out at the DMSI Booth at the 2006 Satellite Expo and I am hoping to meet with him.

If you could ask Bob 3 questions what would they be?

I will try my best to have Bob answer your questions (but no guarentee he will)

Bob will be in the States?????
Last I remember he was living in Aruba and if he came back to the states he would be arrested,That was in the mid 80s....................JT

SCOTT, I remember BOB COOPER well and also the articles in I think popular mechanics about how to build your own satellite dish. At that time the big dishes were selling for about $4000 to $6000 and not affortable to most. I havn't had the chance to read his book but am wondering if when HBO got blocked out if he ever got any calls or visits from the men in the dark suits. No, it wasn't him but wonder if he touches on that incident in his book.

Visit Bob Cooper's website: www.bobcooper.tv

He just put a new book onto the market called "TV Pirates", which gives a thorough history of the rise and fall of the C-band satellite industry, with details never before presented in public. Some unbelievable but true stories on the politics and intrigue behind the Videocipher 2 descrambler.

By the way, he lived in the Turks and Caicos Islands during the 80s, not Aruba. Bob now resides on the North Island of New Zealand.

Thought he also lived besides the Turks was aruba,,,,remember shaun kenny saying aruba was too windy.And I also think they had a Satellite Pirate Expo on aruba because Bob cooper lived there?JohnnyT

I think you will see Bob here at some point. :)

We had a very nice long talk and we talked about some things he is working on for next years SatelliteExpo. :)

We talked forever and as I talked with him it was like I knew him forever. It was an amazing discussion.

Anyways I did get a copy of his book from him at the show and this is a great book, I am only a few pages in (and its like a 900 page book with no pictures) and what I have read so far has been great. :)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)