Bombard CEO office with request

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
That is a useful address for problem resolution for many people. I'm afraid that if we bombard them with stuff like this that it will either go away or we won't get as good service out of it. Just my $.02 though!

Mike

Adding Networks (especially HD) is not an easy thing to do. There are lots of laws in carrying networks, and as much as they would like to can not just turn them on because a few people emailed them. :)

Ok, so they already carry it in SD, can it be that hard to uplink it in HD ?

What you don't understand about carrying stations via satellite apparently could fill volumes. First, there is getting permission from the CW station in Miami to carry and distibute their HD signal outside their market (some stations want to be paid a lot for that). Second, there is the "problem" of bandwidth. In order for everyone that is getting the SD version of the station now to get the signal in HD the channel MUST be on the 110 or 119 satellite (and on a national beam, not a spotbeam). Bandwidth is tight on the national beams on 119 and 110 and it would take a lot of re-aranging to make room for another HD channel from those satellites. Third, the local CW stations MIGHT have something to say about it. My local CW station (that also owns the CBS affiliate) says that DISH may be in volation of THEIR contract by carrying an out of station CW station instead of their station (I would like to hear DISH's side of that story).

Just because some people want an HD feed of the CW don't mean DISH can provide it. As for me, I watch one half hour program on CW each week and as far as I'm concerned I would rather see a HD feed added that had more worthwhile programming (to me) than the CW.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)