BOOOOOOO DISH - BAD, VERY BAD!!!!

wrong. It only happens when Fox takes over more games from the OTA affiliate (as was in St Louis and Dallas a couple years back and in Minnesota last year) and Dish doesnt pay to show those extra games
thats exactly what I meant..they were the only provider to balk at the extra money

goober, if your going to be a fanboy for Dish, you need to learn . Just tell them if they want sports, to go to Direct tv. That's the company line.

thats exactly what I meant..they were the only provider to balk at the extra money
A couple of points.

First, it had nothing to do with DirecTV as you claimed.
Second, many providers balked at the money when it originally included EI. Dish was not the only one. Once MLB changed the carriage rules, then Dish and other providers agreed to carry MLBNet.

i dont think they forgot..they just didnt want to pay for it

They don't pay for the right to show individual games in HD. They pay for the RSNs and then they show as many HD games as they can fit in the space they allocated every night. This conversation is getting ridiculous.

boy you are really living up to your name there
Until recently MLB EI was attached to MLB channel.

so Directv is a part owner as is Comcast, Time Warner and Cox. Dish didnt want to carry MLB EI so they couldnt get MLB Net.....Recently that rule was laxed and other providers started carrying it
I thought Dish wanted EI not the MLBN..

If the game was available on MLBN in HD, and Dish did not carry it in HD, it would appear to be on Dish, no one else.

EI is the whole package of out of DMA games. Dish did not want that. MLBN is baseball programming and selected games. It is a network, much like the Golf Channel.
Dish did want the MLBN, but at the time they had to get EI to get it. MLB changed their policy and allowed MLBN without EI so now Dish has it.

See that's the thing. Goober keeps bringing up MLB Network when that has nothing to do with this situation. The game was live at 6:00am on one of the Root channels and dish didn't turn on the HD feed for it. The game was later replayed on MLB Network at 9:00am and that was in HD. The OP was simply asking why Dish didn't turn on the HD feed for Root at 6:00am when the game was live and there were no other events to take up HD RSN bandwidth.

Tampa8 said:
If the game was available on MLBN in HD, and Dish did not carry it in HD, it would appear to be on Dish, no one else.

EI is the whole package of out of DMA games. Dish did not want that. MLBN is baseball programming and selected games. It is a network, much like the Golf Channel.
Dish did want the MLBN, but at the time they had to get EI to get it. MLB changed their policy and allowed MLBN without EI so now Dish has it.

Dish wanted both, but didn't want to become part owner.

Why are you die hard sports fans subscribing to Dish. Why aren't you with Direct, the sports king.
Well, for me, it's because I can get my hometown teams' (the only sports I'm die hard about) local and RSN channels while not currently living in that hometown. ;) Unfortunately, that is going to change soon. :(

Why are you die hard sports fans subscribing to Dish. Why aren't you with Direct, the sports king.
For me it's because I've been with Dish for a dozen years and don't like leaving something that mostly works for me. Dish provides quality equipment, decent packages, and fair prices. I don't see where it is wrong for loyal customers to want a better product, and we all know Dish could fix this if they wanted to. Sometimes it seems like they want to drive people away. I suppose the day will come when I have to leave, but for now i will continue to express my desire for HD sports from a provider I have been loyal to. Who knows, sometimes the squeaky wheel gets greased.

Tampa8 says they carry alot of sports, most of the RSN's, MLBN, International Sports, ESPN's, NBA, NHL, NFLZ NBCSP, CBSSN, USN, Golf, Tennis, and more. How much they carry isn't really the question, being in HD all the time is. Direct TV carries more, though by not as wide a margin as in the past, and they carry more than most Cable companies also.

That's a different argument than they carry as little as possible, which is what I responded to....... saying they don't do all HD for RSN's is a different thing.

How about we go back to the days when the local pro teams were on OTA. Then the games would always be in HD and the broadcast wouldbeon time.
I know this wont happen but think about it.....

Ross

Sent from my rooted DROIDX (Liberty Gingerbread) using SatelliteGuys

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)