Bored...should I?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

iafirebuff

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Feb 10, 2006
Waterloo, Iowa
Well, I am bored..... I was thinking about aiming my dish to IA5 to see all the foreign stuff. I am afraid to move off of G10 after all it took for me to get there :). I would mark the mast, and the elev. settings, so I shold be in the ballpark? Also, since I already have the tp's scanned in and such, I should be able to use the signal meter on the receiver to retune? If I chicken out, I will just wait until I order another dish and or motor. I hate to mess up my tv watching :)

Sadoun is correct.That's what this is all about.Have at it.The more you do it the easier it is to find what you lost next time.

It's a lot of fun (depending on the weather of course). Before I got my motor I had found over a dozen satellites, each one had its settings marked on the pole and elevation scale with a Sharpie(tm).

I'd say do it. I have two stationary dishes but had LOTS of practice moving.
I suggest you look carefully before you move, checking to see if your pole is
vertical; also, take a line of site view of the horizon for azimuth - like is there a
small tree in the distance next to a white fence ? for example - then if your altitude
gets messed up for some reason you willl have only one degree of freedom left
to fix to get g10 back...

Larry
mark on the mast and the bracket on the dish so you know where to be. You can mark the elevation too if you'd like

Yes, since the channels are logged in, when you move back just bring one of them up and aim :)

I did the same thing...had a big mark on the dish for IA6 (my true south) and lots of little marks for SBS6, G11, AMC9, etc.

The numbers for IA5 for your loc are

elevation-41
azimuth-185
skew +5

so a little off of dead south :)

THANKS! I just might try it! I am going to have to aim one of these days when I add a dish or motor. It is raining now, and real hot/humid :-(

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts