BOSCH

I get it, but inter-twining them simply does not work for me. It is disjointed, and shows in the writing. And yes, Stephen King stories get mangled big time. I am anxiously awaiting 11-22-63, fully expecting them to screw it up. :)
I hear that. Just look at what they did to Under the Dome.... On the other note, the Bosch series seems to work for the masses. It is getting a second season because of it....

I hear that. Just look at what they did to Under the Dome.... On the other note, the Bosch series seems to work for the masses. It is getting a second season because of it....

I thought they stated from the beginning Under the Dome was intended to be a departure from the novel. (I've not read it)

I don't notice any storytelling problems with Bosch, given I haven't read any of it.

The only major re-write they would have to do is to change the role of Eleanor Wish, who in the series is his ex-wife, but in the book Trunk Music, it is the first time he encounters her after her time in prison, and when they resume their relationship. But since her role is minor in the book, that is an easy write-around.

First episode was good. Trunk Music is an excellent book, So far the way they have adapted it to fit the story-line they crafted is working.

Taking my time watching though, not in a rush to binge watch

First episode was good. Trunk Music is an excellent book, So far the way they have adapted it to fit the story-line they crafted is working.

Taking my time watching though, not in a rush to binge watch
Getting ready to start. I really enjoyed Trunk Music!

Getting ready to start. I really enjoyed Trunk Music!

Yeah, Trunk Music is a great book. But given that Eleanor is already his ex-wife, they needed to change things. I'm looking forward to seeing who they use for Roy Lindell, if they even have him. You never know.

i've been re-listening to a bunch of the Bosch audio books. Some good stuff, particularly mid-2000s Bosch. Connelly was on top of his game. Until the most recent book last fall, I've been really frustrated with the character. But those Bosch/Edgar/Kiz era books were great. Also re-read the Poet and Jack McEvoy books. But that's a different thread. :)

Season 2 is really good, but its really hard for me to imagine Bosch and Irving working together, off the books, on a case. Just completely different from the relationship they have in basically EVERY book. Yet, it works in the tv show. Just strange that Connelly opted to take this route, given that so much of the tv show has paralleled the novels, in a mishmash kind of way.

Irving looks to Bosch often in the books. They don't exactly meld well but work, on the books, a lot. I didn't have an issue at all with the two working together off the books.

Irving looks to Bosch often in the books. They don't exactly meld well but work, on the books, a lot. I didn't have an issue at all with the two working together off the books.

I think their antagonism throughout the history of the novels is more than you describe. I think their partnering worked well in the tv show, but disagree with the assessment in the books. They are at each other's throats throughout the novels. Mr Clean is Harry's nemesis without doubt. Yes, Irving might acknowledge Bosch's investigative skills, but there is no love lost.

Last edited:
Finishing The Last Coyote, and realize that the way they turned that into a one episode story was a real shame. Such a good book.

And yes, in THAT book, Irving gave Bosch a LOT more rope than he normally does, and even was sympathetic to him.