philhu

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Sep 1, 2004
Cold Boston Area
We now have ESPN3d, yes, 3d X-Games!

I also have a dilemma. I was going to buy an HDMI cable to watch in 3d

BUT...I have my Tivo Premiere connected by Component to my MITS DLP set.
The 3d is the up/down split picture type. The set can't figure the 3d out (cause I am on component), but if I FORCE it to 3d/Up-down/reverse/dlp link, I definitely get 3d picture!!! The right lens is a bit dark (about 20% darker than the left), but it definitely is 3d.

And best yet, I can record the shows and play them back in 3d!

Some, please tell me 3d on component is possible before I think I must be crazy.

I was always told 3d cannot be sent over component.

1. Verizon Fios is carrying ESPN 3d nationwide for Ultimate customers. Also available ala carte for others.

2. So called full-3D requires a HDMI connection supporting the 1.4 standard. This is what Blu-Ray 3D uses.

3. ESPN 3.d is not Full 3d. It is sent out as top/bottom HD. If your set supports selecting this and switching it to 3d you "Should" have no problem for now. The only problem would be if FIOS rolls out HDMI 3d detection (as DirecTv did) and stops sending out the signal if it doesn't detect a 3d TV connected with HDMI.

Isn't 3d the 1.3 standard? 1.4 is ethernet over HDMI. Oh and HDMI 1.4 allows a TV to autoswitch to the correct 3d mode.

That does explain it, so the component out is working, kind off. The pic is def 20% darker on the right glasses. Maybe a small timing error because of Component?

Another thing is it works on my TIVO Premiere. I can record events and play them back in 3d

I already ordered the cable to get hdmi up to the AV rcvr.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)