Boston HD Locals

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Janney66

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Nov 13, 2004
Merrimack, NH
So I upgraded to the new 5LNB dish in anticipation of NESN HD and I'm a little disappointed with some of the Boston Local HD channels. Channel 4 seems to have some issues in the middle of the picture (looks like the pixels don't change fast enough between scenes- not horrible, but distracting enough), and channel 7 had no sound for a little awhile the other night. I figured with Boston being one of the first markets with HD Locals, issues like this would be resolved by now. Is anyone else in the Boston DMA having any trouble? My signal strength seems to be ok, so I don't think that's my problem.

Yes, the boston hd locals still have pixelation, video/audio drop problems, lip sync, etc after many months....no excuse for it.

A couple months ago I had some real issues with ABC and NBC the shows became almost unbearable to watch in HD so I would change over to the SD station.

ABC's problems seemed to coincide with show changings..seemed like I was scrambling during the endings of shows to swith over to the SD station.

The issues became non existent recently up until about a week ago when I noticed some pixel issues.

I dont know if thats the info you are looking for. I do have the 5LNB dish as well.

There are video drop outs on the pittsburgh locals. If you have had locals you have to have the AT-9 dish. The question is, is this a D* issue (should we call and complain) or a dish alignment issue (protection plan realignment) or reciever issue (protection plan replacement). Anyone have a answer?

charper1 said:
You could also add to that list of maybes:

affiliate feed issue to DirecTV

Directv is having a lot of affiliate feed issues around the country then.

The only way that anything may get done about the problem with Boston locals and NESN HD, is for everyone who is having the problem to report it to someone other than a regular CSR. I hope that DirecTV doesn't think this type of quality is acceptable...

have the boston HD Locals got any better? I am thinking about added the HR20 but without OTA I am a little skeptical.... don't want to miss football until OTA is turned on

asousa said:
have the boston HD Locals got any better? I am thinking about added the HR20 but without OTA I am a little skeptical.... don't want to miss football until OTA is turned on

No, they are not any better.

asousa said:

No. CBS is really really bad and for the heck of hit I taped the football game on NBC last night and it was a crystal clear picture but it had the 8mm effect folks have been complaining about. Fast motion looks really odd. ABC for the most part looks good. But then I am not watching sports on it so hard to tell. All I know is fast motion not good and CBS is a really really bad picture.

I'm really beginning to think they don't believe there is an issue with their MPEG4 channels. I've called a few times, and I haven't been able to speak with anyone who even acknowledges the bad frame rate issue. All I want is for someone to tell me they are working on it!

I wrote in Tuesday I think and they didnt address the issue. The email just said contact support. I think they know and are in denial or know and it isnt a priority. There's enough noise for someone to hear that there are spot issues with MPEG4 HD channels.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)