Boston suburb - Ch44 OTA reception

Jeff_in_MA

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
May 21, 2004
I live about 30 miles west of Boston. For months, I did get 44.1 through 44.4 with signal strength of high 90's. In last couple of months, they became very unreliable. Some days, I get them perfectly with signal strength around 98. Then on other days, I get nothing.

I thought perhaps the station was experimenting with the RF transmitter power level. Now, I am not sure. Has anyone seen this or have an explanation?

Thanks,

Jeff you might want to go to http://www.avsforum.com and ask this question under the reception section. Maybe if you lucky a station engineer of this channel might respond to your question. I know all my local stations has there engineers that monitor the website and answer questions.

I live in Natick, 13miles nw of boston, and ch 44 was getting bad for me too.

I got a db-2 antenna, pointed it halfway between the 44 transmitter and boston stuff, and get them all in low 90's, no problems since.

For all I care, voom can come get the Sensar ii they attempted to install. What grief, and I was not waiting home for an installer to put up a uhf antenna, so I did it.

I live in Franklin about 30 miles south-west of Boston (LOS) and Channel 44 is just fine for me.

According to antennaweb.org, channel 44 and channel 2 transmitters are located at 107 degrees. I get perfect ch2 reception all the time. So why do I have such erratic reception with Ch44? Since they are both PBS channels, aren't the transmitters located at the same place?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)

Latest posts