Both 722K remotes failed at the same time

dendavis

Pub Member / Supporter
Original poster
Lifetime Supporter
Oct 10, 2003
Metro Denver
Strange days..... Turned on the telly this afternoon, noticed that Remote 1 energized the television, but not the DVR. Made sure the "SAT" button was active, no joy. Ended up trying Remote 2, which did activate the DVR, and its functions.....for a while, say, five minutes. Then it went south. After making sure the batteries were all good (they all peaked on the battery meter), took a deep breath and called DISH.

CSR guided me through multiple tries to reset the remote address on each remote, each time, not a glimmer of movement. After several tries, I was informed DISH would be sending me two new remotes.

In the meantime, I can control the DVR from the front panel buttons, guess I will get more exercise than I expected.

But TWO remotes, failing, at the same time? I will be very curious to see if the new remotes solve the problem. Film at eleven (next Thursday).....:confused:

common problem, reset the reciever:)

Did try that, figuring "Ocum's Razor," or, the most obvious solution is usually the best. Tried both a complete power off recycle, unplugged the box; and, did a hold the power button on until it recycled. Neither one did the trick. Did get a screen with the DISH logo and a "starting up" message, but then it went to the floating screen that tells me to push "select" to watch the DVR. Both remotes still control the television power and volume/muting, and the DVR can be controlled by the buttons on the front of the box.

Thanks for the suggestions, though.

Okay, this is too weird. My wife suggested I try using my remote from my 722, which is currently idle, waiting to replace my 622. So, re-inserted the batteries, works like a charm:)

So I will be very curious to see how the new remotes that DISH is sending me will work out. Just hope the remote I just tried doesn't go wonky.

What?

Did try that, figuring "Ocum's Razor," or, the most obvious solution is usually the best. Tried both a complete power off recycle, unplugged the box; and, did a hold the power button on until it recycled. Neither one did the trick. Did get a screen with the DISH logo and a "starting up" message, but then it went to the floating screen that tells me to push "select" to watch the DVR. Both remotes still control the television power and volume/muting, and the DVR can be controlled by the buttons on the front of the box.

Thanks for the suggestions, though.

Did you mean Occam's razor ? Occam's razor states that the explanation of any phenomenon should make as few assumptions as possible, eliminating those that make no difference in the observable predictions of the explanatory hypothesis or theory.

Did you mean Occam's razor ? Occam's razor states that the explanation of any phenomenon should make as few assumptions as possible, eliminating those that make no difference in the observable predictions of the explanatory hypothesis or theory.

Yeah, what he said:)

The Rest of the Story

Received my replacement remote today, a UHF version. Funny, the CSR said I would get two replacements, as both failed. And, no batteries. Anyway, the new remote worked right off the bat, and now it is programmed to control the TV set. Don't really need a second remote, just kind of tweaked me they would be so cheap. OH! Did I say that?:eek:

I think he was referring to this section of the first sentence in the Wiki listing which is the most known and sighted:
". . . thereof, that the simplest explanation or strategy tends to be the best one."
My neighbor had a 9 hour install yesterday that I had to go over and make work today. I was just about done and walking them through all the menu items as FYI and the remote stopped working. The TV2 remote and that side of the box worked just fine. After resetting and Power Cycling the 722k, TV2 worked great and TV1 not at all the TV1 UHF remote worked fine when reset for TV2. So the box? If so, I think they need to ask for a 722 not K.

Any input?

Any assistance will be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts