Bottom line - cost $$$

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

randym431

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
May 29, 2004
Ok, I'm looking they the dish builder. Going with HD, it has DishHDgold @ $69 - $20 for 10 months = $50 for ten months.

Then it added $5 local channels fees.

Then a $5.98 DVR fee.

Then "plus taxes" = ???

So the total is $60 + whatever taxes. (for 10 months)

Is that it? When the bills come, will there be "other" fees not included or un-disclosed here (like the cable company always has)?

that should be it, and forget the taxes, unless you live in a couple of states, I don't remember them off hand.

That is unless you order ppv of course. (triditional price for movie is 3.99)

don't have your DVR plugged into a phone line, then that will be an additional $5 per month.

EDIT: arkansas, texas, california, nevada, north carloina, and washington.

Last edited:
Many states (and cities ??) do charge taxes for satellite service. I can't recall at what point you input your zip code on Dish Builder but they should be able to tell you what those "plus taxes" will be.

jhamps10: That list is incomplete. I assure you, Ohio charges tax.

hall said:
Many states (and cities ??) do charge taxes for satellite service. I can't recall at what point you input your zip code on Dish Builder but they should be able to tell you what those "plus taxes" will be.

jhamps10: That list is incomplete. I assure you, Ohio charges tax.

Yes what happened to Dish's suit to kill the Ohio state sales tax on Dish bills???

sorry, forgot ohio had taxes. the stop tax site from both companies didn't have ohio, so I thought that dish won that suit to stop ohio's taxes. I live in a tax free area for satellite (illinois, missouri as well).

STATE/LOCAL TAX (SALES/GROSS RECEIPTS) 18.48

That's from my initial bill, so for one, it's two months worth. It may also include other "stuff" that's being taxed. Either way, I'm in Ohio and my satellite bill is taxed.

jhamps10 said:
don't have your DVR plugged into a phone line, then that will be an additional $5 per month.

dvr not plugged into a phone does not add cost, but a dual tuner receiver not plugged into a phone line will incur a $5 additional receiver fee.

What I mean is a single tuner dvr does not incur additional cost if the phone is not plugged in, or a 721 dual tuner DVR, the fee is not for the DVR it is for the additional tuner

Last edited:
dang, that's not what the retailer told me for the dvr, but oh well, if that was the case then I would have gotten a dvr instead of a regular box when I had my service since I only used a cell phone.

But seriously, The only thing would be any taxes and that all depends on your state, the easiest way to check is to check with a retailer, who most likely would have dish network at his/her house.

For a new customer, is there a way to reduce that $199 dvr 622 upfront cost?

I'd jump right now but $199 is causing me pause, especially with the law suits that may disable dvr recording. I'd think, for just one 622 dvr, and snatching a long time D* customer from D* (since 1997), dish would roll out a red carpet and offer free equip (even with a contract)?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)