Bottom line of EPG partially off screen.

cmotycka

Original poster
Nov 25, 2003
The bottom line of the EPG is partially off the bottom of the screen on my TV. Is it my TV or my VIP622? How do I correct it?:confused:

It sounds like you have too much overscan on your TV. What model do you have? It might be user adjustable.

This is a known issue and has been around as long as I can remember. I think only happens on HD outputs with the extended guide.

That's exactly the problem I've been having. Figured it was overscanning. I've also noticed that just the very bottom of the screen was cut off during NASCAR when they pull up the in-car cams Brady Bunch style. I have a Samsung DLP HL-S6187W with HDMI connected 622.

I have a Toshiba 58" rear projection model. I'm using the HDMI connection out of the 622 to the DVI input using a conversion cable to the Toshiba.

I'm not familiar with overscanning. What's that?

Overscanning is when the video signal is slightly larger than the viewable area of your screen. As an example, underscan would leave a small black border around your picture where the video wasn't quite big enough to fill your screen. Think of it as a very small picture zoom. CRT TVs almost always have overscan because the actual picture tube extends inside the plastic cabinet. I have a 2.5inch portable RCA TV that has no overscan. I can sometimes see the SMTPE timing marks from recorded video on the top of the screen during local news and various shows.

I have a Sony 42 inch LCD projection - same thing, Vip622 guide was cutoff.
Fortunately you can easily adjust overscan on that tv (setting somewhere says overscan and you can set it to 0, +1 or -1)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)