Bottom Scroll and infobars slant left

I just heard back from Customer Care, no other reports of this issue. Someone in engineering also believes it's related to convergence.

I just heard back from Customer Care, no other reports of this issue. Someone in engineering also believes it's related to convergence.
Chris, I appreciate you checking, but there's no way two different TVs in different houses would have EXACTLY the same convergence problem at EXACTLY the same time and to the EXACT same degree. No way.

Chris, I appreciate you checking, but there's no way two different TVs in different houses would have EXACTLY the same convergence problem at EXACTLY the same time and to the EXACT same degree. No way.
would it be a system issue, believe me, there would have been THOUSANDS of troublecalls on that. and believe me, there IS a way two tvs have a similiar problem at the same time. did you try to hook the box to another tv set yet?

Can you take a picture and show us? Its hard to get what your trying to say is going on.
Yes, I will try to do that later today. How do you put pictures in posts on this board?

As to the other comment, I do believe two different brand TVs in two houses connected to two different STBs could have a TV problem that would manifest itself in exactly the same way. I also believe the probability of that is infinitesimally small.

Here is a pic assuming I figured out which code puts it in...
Note the bottom edge of the info bar...more black below it on the right than on the left.
If it were a very bottom scroll bar, the bottom of the letters on the left would be slightly cut off, while there would be some black space below the letters on the right.
If a horizontal line appears at the top of the image, it does not look slanted. Looking at pure images (no text or bars) you do not notice anything wrong; if it is there, you don't see it.

Let me describe it this way: imagine the image, perfect, on stretchy rubber--perfectly rectangular, every edge perfectly vertical or horizontal.
Now tack down both upper corners and the lower right corner.
Then pull straight down on the lower left corner so that the bottom edge slants down-left from the lower right corner which was tacked in place.. the picture is the result. Although it may only be the "overlays" that slant, not the underlying image.
TV-slant.jpg

Tahts odd, do not see that problem on any TV in my home, and im running the same software.

do you see this on individual channels scroll bars or only on the Navigator software scroll?

Tahts odd, do not see that problem on any TV in my home, and im running the same software. do you see this on individual channels scroll bars or only on the Navigator software scroll?
Any time the info panel is on and when any bottom scroll bar on any channel is on.

BTW, the pic makes it look like the bottom edge is curved, but it really appears very straight, just slanted.

Last edited:
hah! you should see mine! but yes, I can see what your talking about. Your tv looks a little older so I don't think it has auto convergence correction.

Looks like crap and would drive me nuts too. Sorry I cant be more helpful.

The image quality in the posted pic does not reflect the clarity of the TV. It is exceptionally clear when a good signal is fed to it.

The pic was indoors and with a black TV screen, so shutter speed was very slow with auto exposure, and also set to +1.0 stop--so the pic is blurry from the wide aperture, low ASA, and slow shutter speed. The pic is good only to see the slanted line--not for TV picture quality.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)