Bought good used dish but not sure it will work with current receiver or how to wire cable

LarKen49

Original poster
Feb 22, 2022
Las Vegas area code 89122
My sister had an older dish with an older two LNB and have a dish network ViP222 receiver. Her dish fell off the roof. I tried setting it back up. I was able to get 60 along the green line on a range from 0 to 125. Couldn’t keep it there..I tried check switch test but receiver indicated no switch found. Someone more knowledgeable about this than me informed me the LNB must have got damaged. Purchased a used Dish Turbo HD that says dp plus digital LNBF and has three ports/LNBs. 1) will it work with her receiver?
2) I understand that two ports are Sats 110 & 119. Currently there is a piece of RG-6 that is cut off
Just below the bracket that protects the LNB ports on dish. I believe I only run cable to the Sats 110 & 119 leaving the third port empty..is that correct?
3) what do I need to take cable from those two ports down to the one input to receiver? Example a switch or some sort of adapter to take both cables into one?
4) where can I purchase this cable and anything else I might need to set up this system
5) is there anyone in the Las Vegas that sets up dishes other than Dish staff themselves.
Thanks in advance. I really don’t know much about setting up satellite dish system. I would appreciate any suggestions or information that would help me get this up and running for my 83 year old sister before I return home to Canada at end of February

1) will it work with her receiver?
Yes, Any DPplus or even DPHybrid will work with a 222/222k.
2) I understand that two ports are Sats 110 & 119. Currently there is a piece of RG-6 that is cut off
Just below the bracket that protects the LNB ports on dish. I believe I only run cable to the Sats 110 & 119 leaving the third port empty..is that correct?
In the case of the DPplus LNBF, you only need one RG6 run to the receiver. The receiver has 2 satellite inputs for each tuner which allows 2TV operation, you should have either a separator or triplexer to split the run to both of these receiver inputs. If two cables were ran to the receiver instead then you can connect them both to the box and port1/2 on the LNBF or purchase a separator on eBay to enable one cable operation from port1 on the LNBF.
3) what do I need to take cable from those two ports down to the one input to receiver? Example a switch or some sort of adapter to take both cables into one?
Unnecessary on the LNBF end, as it has a switch integrated that allows all three satellites to be available on either of the three outputs. You would just need the separator on the receiver end if you are running a single coax run.
4) where can I purchase this cable and anything else I might need to set up this system
Amazon/eBay, solid signal is also considered a reputable equipment distributor although I have never seen their wiring catalogs, have just bought receivers from them personally. If you still have a Radio Shack open nearby that could also be a option for non-Dish specific equipment like wiring and wall plates.
5) is there anyone in the Las Vegas that sets up dishes other than Dish staff themselves.
Cant really help there, but calling Dish and asking for the nearest retailer may be an option. Although YMMV with those.

Reactions: charlesrshell
Yes, Any DPplus or even DPHybrid will work with a 222/222k.

In the case of the DPplus LNBF, you only need one RG6 run to the receiver. The receiver has 2 satellite inputs for each tuner which allows 2TV operation, you should have either a separator or triplexer to split the run to both of these receiver inputs. If two cables were ran to the receiver instead then you can connect them both to the box and port1/2 on the LNBF or purchase a separator on eBay to enable one cable operation from port1 on the LNBF.

Unnecessary on the LNBF end, as it has a switch integrated that allows all three satellites to be available on either of the three outputs. You would just need the separator on the receiver end if you are running a single coax run.

Amazon/eBay, solid signal is also considered a reputable equipment distributor although I have never seen their wiring catalogs, have just bought receivers from them personally. If you still have a Radio Shack open nearby that could also be a option for non-Dish specific equipment like wiring and wall plates.

Cant really help there, but calling Dish and asking for the nearest retailer may be an option. Although YMMV with those.
Thanks ethanlerma. Your information makes things clearer for me. Will round up the equipment I need and give it ago.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts