BOWLING GREEN, KY LOCALS

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

hdrick103

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Nov 29, 2003
I live on the outskirts of Nashville (37087) 30 miles east of downtown and would like to receive the Bowling Green Ky channels WBKO 13.1, 13.2, and WNKY 40.1, 40.2. I have and attic antenna and receive good signals on locals from Nashville with a Channel Master without an amp. What type to antenna would I need to purchase to receive the Bowling Green channels from my attic. I have a clear line of sight to the north where the stations are located, and about 25 feet height. One station is VHF and other is UHF. With the digital transition are both stations broadcasting on the UHF band? It would be difficult to impossible for me to have two antennas (VHF UHF) pointed in the same direction. Before WBKO discontinued its analog signal I received a watch able picture, now there is nothing. According to TV Fool these stations are about 60 miles from my house. With the right antenna pointed in the right direction It may be possible to pick up these stations. I have a digital TV ready for viewing. thx Enjoy the Forum

Looking at the TVFool chart for 37087 shows the Bowling Green locals to your north. WBKO and WNKY will remain on their current assignments of 13 and 16. It looks like some of the Nashville locals are moving to VHF though. This presents a little problem as you will need an antenna that is good for high VHF and UHF reception. Also, at 60 miles, I don't think that you will get any reception with an attic mounted antenna. You didn't list what antenna that you are currently using. I would recommend a roof mounted Winegard HD8200p with a pre-amp. You could add a rotor and do away with the attic antenna if you wanted.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)