Box and Packaging for Samsung 5085W

Labeeb

Original poster
Feb 21, 2007
I have the Captain Kirk Samsung 5085W that I purchased a couple of years ago. I purchased it as a floor model and thus didn't get the box or packaging materials. Well the time has come to move and I need to protect and secure this beast. I've tried calling local moving companies and Samsung to track down the original packaging with no luck. Any recommendations as to how I should go about protecting and securing the set for a 1000 mile move?

Thanks in advance.

If you are doing it yourself - build a crate for it.

If the moving company is doing the packing ask them the best way.

If you are doing it yourself - build a crate for it.

If I had even a little bit of ability to build things this would be the way I'd do it. Unfortunately I'm far from a handyman. I'm considering getting a local carpenter to put something together for me.

Thanks for the suggestion.

When we moved I told the movers that my TV was my mistress and if they did a really good job and were really careful then I'd give them the 1.5 liter bottle of Cuervo I was holding.

You'd think they were moving the Mona Lisa!

Booze...always the way to a man's heart.

Luckily a friend that's helping me move is going to build a crate for me in exchange for me helping him during a 3 day move last summer. As much as I'd like to get a new TV and sell this one here, I think I'll hold on to what I have.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)