Brand New 921 - Only $440 . . .

That is a pretty lame way to make it look like a low price... talk about bait and switch... where are the ebay police when you need them!

Well, since ebay charges you by the amount you sell an item for, I'd sell for $1 and charge $548 for shipping and handling.

n0qcu said:
Well, since ebay charges you by the amount you sell an item for, I'd sell for $1 and charge $548 for shipping and handling.
Thats a good idea I wonder if you could get away with it?

SG

Since I live in the same location as the seller I wonder if he would allow me to meet him/her some place and do a cash exchange minus the shipping charges. Fat chance.

If you scroll to the bottom of the screen you will see that he is also charging 7% Georgia Sales Tax. Sales Tax is not collected or required in Georgia when the sale is between private individuals.

BCH said:
Since I live in the same location as the seller I wonder if he would allow me to meet him/her some place and do a cash exchange minus the shipping charges. Fat chance.

If you scroll to the bottom of the screen you will see that he is also charging 7% Georgia Sales Tax. Sales Tax is not collected or required in Georgia when the sale is between private individuals.
I get the feeling the guy is a jerk. Actual shipping to any where in the country is not more than 25-30 dollars tops. I despise Ebayers that make profits off shipping.

eBay has a rule about that, it's called "circumventing fees" when a seller charges a ridiculous shipping cost to cover reducing the final value fee, or in their listing has you complete the transaction outside of eBay. Why don't one of you report him?

I would do it but they probably already think I'm a troublemaker, I have already reported a bunch of the $0.01 "don't bid on this but instead click this link for a free dish network system" because every time I search for anything dish related, these guys have "spammed" ebay with their offers. Most of them appear to be affiliates of vmcsatellite.com.

I ordered the 921 yesterday and for all the customers Ive sent to my local installer and telling him about this website..921 for $470. I guess this is his cost. Ive spent the last few days going over all the 921 post so I will know more than the installer. :D

Notice how the $440 + $110 shipping cost equals the $550 retail price that the 721 is going for. This is just his way of making the price look better yet still get full retail price out of the receiver.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)