Brand New HD FTA Satellite Receiver MPEG-4 on ebay

Status
Please reply by conversation.

ken2400

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 4, 2004
Central NY State
I saw a receiver on E-bay and wanted to know if anyone could find more info on it.
Has anyone bought one?
Direct from China.

Thanks

just search "HD FTA Satellite Receiver MPEG-4"

75 dollars shipped, looks like another version of the openbox s9
ebay also shows it as private listing.

I'm actually surprised, it has no ethernet port, so it's not targeted at the pirate market.

Unfortunately I can't find ANYTHING else about it, like how good the software is.

The problem, as we all know, is it is always 'safer' to buy from a US Dealer in case of the need for return. Of course you will pay a little more.

I did a search on the model h-600 and the photo at alibaba and the "mfgr" has a pic of a complete different unit, the picture that matches the one on ebay is a model h-300. Plus you will need the electrical plug adapter (not that expensive) but the big question is the remote, which version will come with the unit.
You can risk your money on this ebay sale but my money would be on the house as a winner as a side bet.
(Maunfactory Best Price) HD DVBS FTA receiver DSR-H600 products, buy (Maunfactory Best Price) HD DVBS FTA receiver DSR-H600 products from alibaba.com

edit: take a close look at the enlarged ebay photo and it says model h-300m not the h-600 as stated in the listing. This may not mean that much but if they cannot get this right what else can they get wrong.

Let me count the reasons that I would not buy......

Your warranty is a 7 day return policy
Seller has 0% Feedback
Seller is a Broker (see all the other items sold... iPhone cases, power adapters, etc.)
No Post Sale technical support as they are not the distributor or the manufacturer
No technical specifications posted (what chipset, memory, etc.)
No Serial port to restore a bricked receiver in case you do try and upgrade the firmware
No FCC or approved safety certifications

Personally, I would spend $50 more and get a receiver that offers a real warranty, technical support, upgrades, channel editor and is documented to receive the formats that you want to watch or listen to...... but hey, it is your money and not mine.... take a long shot and go for it! :eek:

Why of course, and if I had a few more screws loose I might be interested in a box like this. However, the invisible hand of the market is at work, and for very few additional clams you can get a decent receiver and forevermore forgo buying lipstick for the pig. The choice is yours.

Let me count the reasons that I would not buy......

Your warranty is a 7 day return policy
Seller has 0% Feedback
Seller is a Broker (see all the other items sold... iPhone cases, power adapters, etc.)
No Post Sale technical support as they are not the distributor or the manufacturer
No technical specifications posted (what chipset, memory, etc.)
No Serial port to restore a bricked receiver in case you do try and upgrade the firmware
No FCC or approved safety certifications

Personally, I would spend $50 more and get a receiver that offers a real warranty, technical support, upgrades, channel editor and is documented to receive the formats that you want to watch or listen to...... but hey, it is your money and not mine.... take a long shot and go for it! :eek:
Are you taking pre orders yet, Brian?

Iceberg said:
I think he means are you taking pre-orders on the new HD receiver you're developing ;)

I understood what was asked, but didn't want to turn this into a self promoting thread.

No preorders. Would consider once they are in transit, but would never presell a product that hasn't been manufactured. Too much experience with manufacturing to think for a moment that there wouldn't be a component / weather delay or assembly issue. Why have upset customers before a product is even released?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)