Breaking Bad

Bryan Cranston on 'Breaking Bad': Walter White Was in 'Deep Depression'

The AMC character will always be close to Cranston. "I related to this man -- I knew men like him who missed opportunities in their lives, but still became functioning, still loving to their family, still paying their bills, but there's something that died in their interior. they're putting one step in front of the other, they're in deep depression.

hollywoodreporter.com

The entire series will run in eight hour blocks on Sundays beginning Aug. 10.
Is it time for Breaking Bad fans to relive all the show's meth, murder and ... breakfast?
AMC is betting so, and has scheduled the entire series to be shown eight episodes at a time every Sunday beginning Aug. 10. The episodes air from 5 p.m. to 1 a.m. ET/PT, concluding with last year's series finale on Oct. 5.

News of the Breaking Bad binge comes the same day that Bad spinoff Better Call Saul creator Peter Gould revealed the show would take place before, during and after the events of Bad.

hollywoodreporter.com

Great! I heard that Better Call Saul was strictly a prequel but I also heard Brian Cranston say that there just might be overlap in the shows eras. I've got all 62 episodes of BB on my EHD.

I don't know how I feel about Better Call Saul being during and after BB. I was OK with a strict prequal. I just hope they don't ruin what was (to me) the perfect ending to BB.

No one seems to be talking about the Breaking Bad movie that will premier on Netflix on Friday. I have the same concern that I had above regarding Better Call Saul. That was an unfounded concern for BCS, but may be more important for this movie. It is said to pick up right after the end of BB's last episode. I have to admit, I'm pretty excited to visit this world again though. In order to prepare for the move, my wife and I decided to watch the last season (OK, officially the last half of the last season although it is really two separate seasons since they aired at different times) M-Th to get back in the swing. We watched episodes 8 and 9 last night. Wow what a great series. Although it took a few mins to understand exactly where we were in the story, I was back on the edge of my seat again just like the first time I watched several years ago. Anyone else going to watch?

Reactions: Zookster
Well we made it through the re-watch of the last season (officially titled as the last 8 episodes of season 5) in four days. What an amazing ride. Going to watch the movie tonight. I think one of the main reasons that Breaking Bad was as amazing as it was is that it ended so strong. The final three episodes are generally regarded as 3 of the top 5 episodes of the series (with the pilot also being in the top 5). Many have the final 3 listed as THE top three episodes of the series. To start and finish so strong is truly an amazing feat and I would argue it is something that no other series has ever accomplished.

Reactions: Zookster
I watched El Camino and I felt darn near "giddy"! Vince Gilligan "killed it" again. Some expected and some not so cameos. Great story and happy culmination of the Jessie Pinkman saga. A MUST SEE!
(Jessie Plemons needs to go on a diet!)

I really liked it as well. Very satisfying and didn't at all take away from the story. I heard that Jessie Plemons was fliming something else at the time that required him to be larger. That said, it did take away from the flash backs a bit for me because it was so noticeable. Crazy that Robert Forster died the day it was released as well.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)