BREAKING NEWS: Echostar Signs on as SBE Anchor Exhibitor!

Scott Greczkowski

Welcome HOME!
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Cutting Edge
Sep 7, 2003
Newington, CT
EchoStar Signs On As SBE Anchor Exhibitor

NASHVILLE, Tenn. & ENGLEWOOD, Colo., June 1, 2007 – JEM Communications Inc. today announced EchoStar Communications Corporation (Nasdaq: DISH) has entered into an agreement to serve as an anchor exhibitor for JEM Communications’ annual Satellite and Broadband Expo (SBE).

EchoStar, the parent company of DISH Network™, will exhibit at the SBE 2007 West show Oct. 10-13 in Reno, Nev. SBE 2007 is a leading tradeshow for independent retailers and technicians. Started as a grassroots effort in 2005 in Memphis, Tenn., SBE has grown into a highly respected event due to the number of exhibitors and the quality of training offered.

Early bird registration rates of $50 for the Reno event are still in effect. Attendees may register by visiting: http://www.acteva.com/booking.cfm?bevaid=122716.

For more information about the Satellite and Broadband Expo, visit www.sbeshow.com. To learn more about DISH Network, visit www.dishnetwork.com.
www.SBEShow.com

I am VERY proud to announce this news, I have known about this for quite awhile and have kept my mouth shut while the folks at Dish and the SBE finished the paperwork.

SatelliteGuys has been a proud supporter of the SBE show (Satellite Expo) since it first launched 3 years ago in Memphis, TN and we have been there every year as proud supporter not only of the SBE Show, but the industry as a whole.

As you might remember I was asked by Charlie Ergen to accept his SBE Pioneers Award recently in Atlanta, and when I finally was able to get together with Charlie and give him his award I got to talk with him for a bit about the SBE show. It is my hope that this talk helped to bring Echostar to the SBE Show.

I was very excited when I learned this news, this means a lot to the industy to have Echostar there.

I am going to soon start working on plans for another SatelliteGuys Event for the SBE Show in Reno, if you are going to be in the area, or want to visit Reno, I invite you to get ready.

Congrats to Marty, Lee and Everyone else at the SBE show, and a big thanks to Echostar for helping to keep the SBE Alive!

Thanks Scott. About as "hot off the press" as you can get. Just came through Public Relations and Legal at EchoStar :D Thanks again!

"I am going to soon start working on plans for another SatelliteGuys Event for the SBE Show in Reno, if you are going to be in the area, or want to visit Reno, I invite you to get ready."

Can us, mortals attend this show? or is it only for retailers and technicians.

While the show is geared twards retailers and techs anyone can go, especially considering the fact that you guys are the one that they are making all of this equipment for. :)

All SatelliteGuys members are welcome. :)

I honestly don't know what Dish will be showing. But it will be in October so many of the new stuff from Team Summit will have just come out or will be soon coming out.

I look forward to seeing everyone at the SBE Show in Reno!

Scott Greczkowski;915026 Early bird registration rates of $50 for the Reno event are still in effect. Attendees may register by visiting: [url said:
http://www.acteva.com/booking.cfm?bevaid=122716[/url].

Scott I don't see any $50 rates. Do we need to enter a code or am I missing something?
Bob

The $50 4 day admission will run until midnight on 7/9/2007. Starting on 7/10/2007 the regular admission charge will apply through the opening of the show. Regular admission is $100 for the Reno show.

I see Wednesday and Saturday are mostly training classes, and the exhibit floor will be open Thursday and Friday only. Will it be worthwhile for those of us who are not retailers or installers to go to the whole show? There are a few classes I wouldn't mind sitting in on. Any opening/closing events? My main interest is in seeing the newest products, meeting some people, and getting out of town.

The $50 4 day admission will run until midnight on 7/9/2007. Starting on 7/10/2007 the regular admission charge will apply through the opening of the show. Regular admission is $100 for the Reno show.

The $50 isn't showing any longer, it's not 7/10 yet????????

I see Wednesday and Saturday are mostly training classes, and the exhibit floor will be open Thursday and Friday only. Will it be worthwhile for those of us who are not retailers or installers to go to the whole show? There are a few classes I wouldn't mind sitting in on. Any opening/closing events? My main interest is in seeing the newest products, meeting some people, and getting out of town.
There's really no way I can answer that question for you. I will say this, you might want to take in either Wednesday and Thursday or Friday and Saturday, most of the better classes will be held on Wednesday, then repeated on Saturday making it possible to do the majority of everything in two days.

As far as openings and closings, we always have some pretty good events, however most of these won't be finalized until around 90 days out when everyone decides what they want to do. We are not going out of our way for entertainment this year because no matter what artist or band you hire, it's like Vegas, there's always some bigger playing next door.

I see that the show is now free to satguys members - early bird special @ $50 was not the bargain it seemed.:(

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)