Breaking News! New Voom Starting To Get Epg Info :)

Check this out, a screen cap from something that was just shown in between on FilmFest advertisements :eek:

filmfest.jpg

-Gary

goaliebob99 said:
Most of the regional sports nets are 1/2 time and wont be picked up for a while :)
I hope this comes soon; I've read threads on AVS that make it sound like DirecTV is starting to show RSN HD broadcasts in-market. If Dish did this I could dump Comcast!

boy921 said:
The time you mention has passed. Am I missing somethng?

:confused: Well, GuyTV and Majestic are gone, and Film Fest and Kung Fu are on...that's all anybody said was happening today. (Well, the other thing is that Rave is no longer sharing time with Lab.)

BTW, for those who expressed concern (myself included) that there was no "general purpose" movie channel...it looks like Film Fest will be it. I was under the impression that Film Fest was all indie/art movies. I saw a promo this morning...can't remember exactly what it was, but I know January 1st-11th is just comedies. Today, they are rotating 2 Woody Allen movies, but later this week is the original Nutty Professor and a few other flicks that definately aren't "art films". Then for a few days after that, it's all period pieces, including some stuff that was just on Majestic a few days ago. The third week was all movies adapted from books, and the last week was all music movies (including Quadrophenia.)

Looks like a great format! I don't know how different it is from the old Film Fest, but for those who complained that there would be no home for, say, Bond films...looks like you may get a whole week of Bond from time to time. There also seems to be a more flexible schedule- the two Woody Allen movies today, but three different movies rotating tomorrow and Thursday, and then they start to get mixed together differently.

UPDATE Looks like Gary confirmed the Bond thing. I wote this a while go, but my internet went down before I could post,

M Sparks said:
:confused: Well, GuyTV and Majestic are gone, and Film Fest and Kung Fu are on...that's all anybody said was happening today. (Well, the other thing is that Rave is no longer sharing time with Lab.)

BTW, for those who expressed concern (myself included) that there was no "general purpose" movie channel...it looks like Film Fest will be it. I was under the impression that Film Fest was all indie/art movies. I saw a promo this morning...can't remember exactly what it was, but I know January 1st-11th is just comedies. Today, they are rotating 2 Woody Allen movies, but later this week is the original Nutty Professor and a few other flicks that definately aren't "art films". Then for a few days after that, it's all period pieces, including some stuff that was just on Majestic a few days ago. The third week was all movies adapted from books, and the last week was all music movies (including Quadrophenia.)

Looks like a great format! I don't know how different it is from the old Film Fest, but for those who complained that there would be no home for, say, Bond films...looks like you may get a whole week of Bond from time to time. There also seems to be a more flexible schedule- the two Woody Allen movies today, but three different movies rotating tomorrow and Thursday, and then they start to get mixed together differently.

UPDATE Looks like Gary confirmed the Bond thing. I wote this a while go, but my internet went down before I could post,

I was one of those complainers and I have to say that I think that I will like this new format very much. I just wish my DVR was higher capacity to get all of those Bond films during the week that they are shown!

BFG said:
No new movies yet though, just stuff already in voom's catalog.

Well, EVERYTHING on EVERY Voom channel is stuff from Voom's catalog. :)

But, for those of us that have only had Voom a few months, the change is already obvious. I watched a portion of two different movies yesterday on Film Fest, and one on Kung Fu. In three months, I watched ONE movie on Majestic and ONE on GuyTV.

So who around here gives a Rat's Arse about Cyber Games? Why would they make this a HD channel? Educate me, please, because I am clueless.

DarrellP said:
So who around here gives a Rat's Arse about Cyber Games? Why would they make this a HD channel? Educate me, please, because I am clueless.
If all it is going to show is a bunch of people playing video games then I admit I don't think I'll be watching but if they show other things like G4 does then I'll probably watch.

FreddyvsJasonvsAsh said:
I was just wondering if this list is correct of the HD channels out now and known to come out in 06?
NBC-HD
CBS-HD
FOX-HD
ABC-HD
WB-HD
UPN-HD
PBS-HD
Starz HD
HBO HD
Showtime HD
Cinemax HD
TMC HD
VOOM
TNT HD
ESPN HD
ESPN2 HD
UHD (NBC, Universal, Sci-Fi)
INHD
INHD2
HDNet
HDNet Movies
Discovery Theater HD
Launching in 2006
MHD (MTV, VH1, CMT)
HGTV HD
Food Network HD (also contains Fine Living)
National Geographic HD

What birds are ESPN2 HD and CBS HD going to be on after all the changes? I'm curious because I wasn't told originally that in order to receive my CBS HD I had to be able to view 61.5. So, now I'm wondering if I shoud fork out the $100 (no big deal) and get another dish mounted to my roof (a bigger deal) or if they will be changing anyway.

Thanks,

John

Although I have no interest in it, it makes perfect sense. The new game machines have HD pictures, so why would gamers want to watch SD coverage on G4? (Not to mention the fact the G4 is now programming non-gaming shows, and will probably be totally generic in a few years.)

It's a gigantic market that likes to spend money on the newest technology. Can't imagine why anyone would want to attract it. :rolleyes:

Yet another case of "Everything sucks except what I like" mentality.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)